The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dot Tel Marketplace - Buy & Sell Commission Free

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dot Tel Marketplace - Buy & Sell Commission Free Empty Dot Tel Marketplace - Buy & Sell Commission Free

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 12:44 pm

mikeseaton09-11-2010 06:45 PM

Dot Tel Marketplace - Buy & Sell Commission Free

Dot Tel needs a searchable marketplace where buyers and sellers can easily meet and arrange sales.

I have spoken to Sedo in the past re Dot Tel with a couple of ideas - giving .tel more prominence in their search selection (it's hidden away amongst all the country code extensions) and also about having one of their themed auctions focussing on the .tel extension.

Neither idea has so far materialised, so it does seem currently that at the world's biggest domain marketplace .tel is not being given any real prominence.

I am therefore looking at introducing a marketplace for domains which will give .tel equal billing with other major extensions. I will probably use the domain name http://www.Domains123.com for this marketplace - although there are other domain names that I may consider using.

The idea at the moment (everything may change) is to focus on the main extensions - .tel, .com, .net, .org. .co and some others yet to be decided.

Feedback from .tel owners would be appreciated on this plan - here are a few questions you might like to give me your ideas on:

1. What other extensions do you hold that you would ideally like included?

2. Bulk upload of domain names for sale - thinking of using Sedo-style bulk-input box, which means that category and sale price need to be added afterwards.

3. Thinking of having the ability to show just your own domains using an address of http://username.domains123.com - would this encourage you to submit this address to directories and to link to it from your own sites?

4. Each domain for sale page would have a link to the seller - would you prefer this to be an email link or a web page hyperlink - or the option of one or both? 

5. Sales would be commission-free - I would not get involved in the sales process - though there would be a link to escrow-service providers.

6. Any other comments.

Thanks in anticipation for your feedback - projected live date is January 2011.

Mike Seaton

dialaroom09-11-2010 08:30 PM

Sounds a great idea Mike. Probably won't help much, but I bought buy-my.tel with a very vague idea in mind of selling .tels from a .tel. I know it's hyphenated and it only says buy not sell, but your welcome to it free of charge if it is of any use as a satelite, or to just give away.

Best of luck with what seems like a big project.

telrific09-12-2010 05:42 AM

I think that's a fantastic idea and you have my full support !

I also think that you just stated the only extensions that should be featured.

IMHO there are only 5 of any real value, the "Big 3" plus .tel and .co !

Great selection, let me know if I can help in any way ...

:cool:

Blunderer09-12-2010 11:29 AM

www.reselltels.tel does most of that already. There is a small fee, but no commission, However, it is aimed at domains which have utility, not as a general ad space for the bizarre.

smart09-13-2010 10:12 AM

Probably your best shot at making it a success will be by allocating it exclusively to .tel sales.

Not to say this will be easy to suceed either, especially with .tel being a negligible domain extension, but then again there isn't many exlcusive .tel sales websites, so if 5 years down the line .tel happens to expand your site might have the chance to be in prime position..

Adding other extensions on it will just make it like the million and one domain sales websites whom are struggling to pull buyers / sellers.

Also you might want to focus on attracting audience who are NOT already domainers, or .tel owners, as those pretty much know how and where to buy domain names without paying any fees.

Blunderer09-13-2010 11:03 AM

Smart, I don't know if your comment was pointed at me, Mike or just general - interesting nonetheless.

The problem with Sedo, et cetera, is that domains are displayed alpha-numerically so, if you have a group of names they are not displayed together. I address this problem with www.reselltels.tel

telrific09-13-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smart (Post 10932)
    Probably your best shot at making it a success will be by allocating it exclusively to .tel sales.

Not to say this will be easy to suceed either, especially with .tel being a negligible domain extension ...

[size]
    Interesting statement.

negligible - so small, trifling, or unimportant that it may safely be neglected or disregarded.[/size]

mikeseaton09-15-2010 06:37 PM

Dot Tel Marketplace - Update 15 Sep 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 10925)
    Sounds a great idea Mike. Probably won't help much, but I bought buy-my.tel with a very vague idea in mind of selling .tels from a .tel. I know it's hyphenated and it only says buy not sell, but your welcome to it free of charge if it is of any use as a satelite, or to just give away.

[size]
    Dialaroom - Thanks for your kind offer re http://buy-my.tel.

I do actually have several "domain sales" domains at the moment so will pass on it, but would be pleased to list it on my Dot Tel Marketplace site when it launches - current projected live date has been moved forward to mid-December 2010.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 10927)
    IMHO there are only 5 of any real value, the "Big 3" plus .tel and .co !

Great selection, let me know if I can help in any way ...

[size]
    Telrific - Thanks for your offer of help - I will be looking for beta testers prior to live launch and will put you down as one.

Anyone participating in the beta test will get first choice of user name - the idea is that apart from your domains being included on the main site you will effectively have your own domain sale site at http://UserName.SiteName.com

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by smart (Post 10932)

[size]
    Smart - I have been thinking about whether I should do this and have come to a decision.

Instead of targetting several extensions I am going to target just 2 - Dot Tel and Dot Com.

Each will have its own domain name - though the 2 sites will be identical in structure and operation.

I have recently purchased some good easily remembered domains to achieve this - I may now consider sellinghttp://www.Domains123.com if I can get what I think it's worth.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 10933)
    The problem with Sedo, et cetera, is that domains are displayed alpha-numerically so, if you have a group of names they are not displayed together.

[size]
    Blunderer - With my Dot Tel Marketplace you will have your domains displayed on your own site at http://UserName.SiteName.comas well as the main site.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far - further feedback is very welcome.

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific09-15-2010 07:25 PM

You're welcome, I'm looking forward to the Beta launch !

Blunderer09-15-2010 11:48 PM

I look forward to seeing it Mike, and I'm glad you decided to go with .tel and .com - http://a-unique-franchising-opportun...eselltels.tel/

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 11:41 pm