The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Yellow Pages Group Canada

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Yellow Pages Group Canada Empty Yellow Pages Group Canada

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:53 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-25-2011 12:41 PM

Yellow Pages Group Canada

Looks like 150+ domains were registered yesterday by Yellow Pages Group Canada, all populated including 2 image ads and map location.

academyofhairdesign.tel
    automotiverestyling.tel
    theofficeshop.tel
    vivemechanical.tel 

Mark

TELcp05-25-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14843)
    Looks like 150+ domains were registered yesterday by Yellow Pages Group Canada, all populated including 2 image ads and map location.
    Mark

[size]
    Good news for the popularity of the .tel.
    But the question is, will these subscribers ever get the opportunity to manage their own tel domains (which is registered under their names and having all the admin control by YP) and enjoy the power of the .tel? According to the WOHIS data at present these subscribers have no control of their own tel domains.[/size]

mikeseaton05-25-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14843)

[size]
    Nice clean design, but if I was the YP lister I would want two things changed on my listing:

1. The removal of the search box - pointless for searching "This .tel" when there is just one page so it's only function is to drive potential customers away via search "All .tels".

2. The facility to list why a customer viewing the .tel should come to me i.e. what am I offering the customer that should make them contact me. Of course YP may already have provided this text input area and the YP lister not yet entered anything into it.

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp05-26-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14850)
    Nice clean design, but if I was the YP lister I would want two things changed on my listing:

1. The removal of the search box - pointless for searching "This .tel" when there is just one page so it's only function is to drive potential customers away via search "All .tels".
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    What happens if YP decides to remove the search box altogether?

Answer is very simple...
    Subscriber and YP share 50-50 outgoing links plus one link to telnic (via powered by at present). In other words, YP uses the name of the subscriber to grab at least 50% traffic attracted to the subscriber's name. This is a very good short term strategy by YP until the subscribers realize that their wings are clipped.

From Telnic's point of view, this is an addition of a new tel domain to their registry. Thus, the number of registered domains increase. This is good for the .tel registry. (This is what we need at present).

From YP's point of view, they have achieved the ultimate goal of restricting the presence of tel pages on the web. Not good for the popularity of the .tel. (unless YP allows subscribers to manage their own .tel domains). Compare just 1 page to hundreds/thousands of tel pages under normal registrations.

From Subscribers' point of view, at present they are happy that they have a free tel domain. This will not last long when they realize that they can do lot more things with a tel domain if they had it under their control. Perhaps they will never find out the power of the tel.

Time will tell us what happens next.

Our point of view is that anything can happen to the .tel. It's too early to predict.
    Looking at the Landrush registrations of 2ltr & numerics gives us an indication of the present demand and the popularity of the .tel. 

What is your own judgments please?

Although with restricted funds for new purchases of .tels, we managed to pre-order few Landrush domains just to maintain our portfolio. And will keep an eye on daily drops.

Good Luck![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 12:18 pm