The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel addons ( if yellow pages can have it why not .tel )

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel addons ( if yellow pages can have it why not .tel ) Empty .tel addons ( if yellow pages can have it why not .tel )

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:29 am

Shahid10-08-2010 10:25 PM

.tel addons ( if yellow pages can have it why not .tel )

Hello, 

hope all are well, been a while since i posted anything here.

came across something nice which Yellow Pages have and .tel needs to adopt.

http://mobile.yellowpages.ae/profile...estaurant.html

i was looking for this restaurant on mobile saw 2 things

dial ( .tel click and call idea )
    Add to contacts ( name and number stored to my phone book just need to click save )

we need option 2 ( add to contacts ) and all their details which a phone book requires could be grasped including the picture if possible.

Thanks let me know what you all think

Shahid

Cees10-09-2010 01:37 AM

Hi Shahid,
    I in particular like the "Update this listing" Link, would make life a whole lot simpler.

telrific10-09-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 11149)
    Hello, 

hope all are well, been a while since i posted anything here.

came across something nice which Yellow Pages have and .tel needs to adopt.

http://mobile.yellowpages.ae/profile...estaurant.html

i was looking for this restaurant on mobile saw 2 things

dial ( .tel click and call idea )
    Add to contacts ( name and number stored to my phone book just need to click save )

we need option 2 ( add to contacts ) and all their details which a phone book requires could be grasped including the picture if possible.

Thanks let me know what you all think

Shahid

[size]

I would agree, myself.

My post about the structure of the SE results Display shows just what you're saying.

>> Graphic

The Yellow Pages result shows so many integrations as you've stated.

BTW, Good to see you back Shahid !

:)[/size]

Shahid10-10-2010 10:22 AM

Thank you for your posts, i m glad you all agree with me and i hope we get more supporters to get this thing out and about because the way .tel was advertised it was going to kill or rather let yellow pages fade out it might fade out but getting more competitive online with yellowpages. Country Code and we need to be in similar structure with them if not ahead.

spline10-10-2010 10:24 AM

Two things that would be very cool on the telpages

1. An image next to the search results

Here is swedish Yellowpages: Notice that they have an image next to the search results.
    http://gulasidorna.eniro.se/hitta:vandrarhem

2. One or more phonenumber ready to be clicked to call.

I´m not sure about the update this listing, since .tel does not work that way.
    You have to own the domainname in order to be able to update.

Anyway I still think one image on a .tel profile is to little, and it really needs more images in order to look better and sell faster.

Shahid10-11-2010 01:23 PM

might be a good suggestion, what i started this thread for was an add on to .tel to add as contact which should be able to auto detect the phone and download on it instead of blackberry having a blackberry enabled app or iphone an iphone enabled.

it took me 5 secs to save the contact of this restaurant on my phone by just click Add to Contacts.

Simplicity is what .tel is about and thats what we want.

Aled10-11-2010 01:40 PM

Hi Shahid,

Wouldn't saving the contacts to your phone actually remove one of the major benefits of .tel, which is that the information is current and correct? Once you start using a saved version it is in effect out of date and potentially incorrect. With a .tel the owner could be using profiles, to show their preferred contact method at that exact moment, or have changed their number permanently. Accessing the current information in a .tel, either through an app or directly through the web is the only way to guarantee that the information will be current.

Shahid10-13-2010 09:51 AM

Hello Aled,

sorry for replying late was looking for an appropriate answer
    your right on your part of getting current or updated information but let's say many who do not have access to internet all the time ( depending on their budget or area/location ) it would be nice to have something that one could add too even if the number was outdated there could be an option.

Add to Contacts.
    Update contacts ( if one already has the details as contacts one could update it on a regular basis manually or else keep what is there but making sure when one adds contact it even adds their .tel page as their homepage so .tel always remains the main lead )

Shahid

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 6:49 pm