The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel Facebook Apps

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel Facebook Apps Empty .Tel Facebook Apps

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 12:42 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 04:02 PM

.Tel Facebook Apps

List your Facebook apps for .tel here. 

Pose your FB-related questions here.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 04:03 PM

How to Create a .tel Facebook App

If you want to integrate your map into Facebook, this is how I did it...

Create a new folder on your own site, called FB, eg www.yoursite.com/FB/
    Install the "Developer" application into our Facebook profile.
    In the Developer app, click [Set Up New App].
    Edit the settings to include an icon.
    For Iframe: use Auto resize.
    Under the Facebook integration tab, give your app a name (min 6 chars).
    The Canvas URL points to where your app code will live, eg www.yoursite.com/FB
    With a text editor, create index.html and place this code into it...

Code:
    <html>
    <iframe src='http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/mapcrawl2/mapyourdottel-iframe.cgi?d=[/url]yourdomain.tel&sd=0&ml=200&md=5' frameborder=0>
    </html>
    [size]

Save the file and upload to that same FB folder. Facebook will now look for your app at yoursite.com/FB.

Now you should be able to click [Go to App] and view it. Change the parameters like d=,sd=, info= as needed.

You may need to get a minimum of 5 users to actually use your app before you can publish it, so I'd be happy to be one of them. The rules may have changed, not sure. There also may be a way to just add an iframe quicker without hosting on your own domain first, but don't know how to do that.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 04:06 PM

Tel On The Map

Initial prototype for visualizing .tels on a map from original thread.

Geo-aware, location-sensitive Tel On The Map app.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 04:07 PM

K9's on the map

This is a work in progress, awaiting interactive submission form late in July (after vacation).

Canines on the Map.

Mark

Cedric06-24-2011 04:28 PM

Facebook Tel Apps - map and .tel in iFrame

Here's the place that we can showcase our TEL apps on FB, and share our tips.

For me:
    I haven't tried the 2nd edtion of the map-cgi, as the original one works fine for me:

http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ecard.tel&sd=0

Besides the method Mark mentioned:
    make a folder --> upload an index.php --> link to youname.com/FB/

We can directly insert the map-link into iFrame field, but it need some tips:

• Firstly, I tried the long link with d= sd= etc. it didn't work......
    • Then, I''ve tried Bit.ly it.

• It about to work, but I've got a notification:
    • " ! The link should be end with a "/" or contains "?" somewhere."

[size]

So in this case, you can bit.ly your long map-link, and add a "?something" after the bitly link.

By the way, I can also put the https://bitly.com/namecardtelmap?a on the secured link area. It works!

My FB app: NameCard.TEL
    Link: https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard

One question here:
    As our "app" is a open-to-see iFrame, how can we let people "install" it? as it don't need to install...?

I've installed Mark's Tel-on-the-map app, how did it work?

Thanks![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-24-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 15726)
    One question here:
    As our "app" is a open-to-see iFrame, how can we let people "install" it? as it don't need to install...?
    I've installed Mark's Tel-on-the-map app, how did it work?
    Thanks!

[size]
    You have to publish your app to Facebook. Then start inviting friends, tweet about it, etc.

Mark[/size]

tel4rent06-24-2011 07:12 PM

Thanks Mark for the help and great step by step procedure.

Can the same be integrated into a facebook page? so when people open the facebook page they actually see the map.

Thanks

boracay.tel06-25-2011 04:14 PM

here's my work in progress...

apps.facebook.com/boracayApp

I'd say it needs a total make-over (as in html5)
    ...and that will be my eventual submission, 
    but for now its shows off some dynamic control.
    sure wish i could redirect the balloon links better, Mark?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-25-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15735)
    Thanks Mark for the help and great step by step procedure.

Can the same be integrated into a facebook page? so when people open the facebook page they actually see the map.

Thanks

[size]
    I really don't use Facebook, so don't know. But from what I've seen, there are company pages (swisschalet) that embed all sorts of content, so I imagine that is possible for any page. This mapping link might have an answer.

Mark[/size]

tindaya06-25-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 15726)
    Here's the place that we can showcase our TEL apps on FB, and share our tips.

For me:
    I haven't tried the 2nd edtion of the map-cgi, as the original one works fine for me:

http://hosted.telnic.org/cgi-bin/map...ecard.tel&sd=0

Thanks!

[size]
    Someone can send me a invitation of your application, to me facebook= valdeande magico ?The problem is that I think that I send invitation, but don´t receive the other. I don´t konw what I´m doing bad.
    Mark, send me telonmap, and work. But no more.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-25-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15779)
    Someone can send me a invitation of your application, to me facebook= valdeande magico ?The problem is that I think that I send invitation, but don´t receive the other. I don´t konw what I´m doing bad.
    Mark, send me telonmap, and work. But no more.

[size]
    TelOnTheMap has special FBML code embedded so it has an Invite Friends link. So I think other apps need to do the same. Not sure if just an iframe app can do that. With FBML, you use the API key and special tags to enable access to all sorts of FB features. TelOnTheMap was actually recycled from an old app I wrote two years ago, which already had FBML. So I haven't yet tried a new FBML app yet and I'm not sure if I will have time to investigate this week as I am getting ready to go away to Europe for 3 weeks.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-26-2011 05:51 PM

Inviting friends to use your App

Seems the old invite a friend code is deprecated. I think the new way to do it is to use the Send Plugin. I've got it on the K9 app, although the app won't be ready until August.

Mark

boracay.tel06-26-2011 06:58 PM

well i'm just about done with my facebook app.
    its really dynamic, which means of course that I now have to load up the .tel with all sub-categories full of location data!

so now what? anybody care to "like" or "send" it around for me?"
    button is there at the top...

see you tomorrow!
    Hey Mark

tindaya06-26-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

=Mark Kolb, I am getting ready to go away to Europe for 3 weeks.

Mark

[size]
    Welcome to the old Europa and to the most beautifull Spain (we are in crisis, but the country and the life is perfect)

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15797)
    its really dynamic, which means of course that I now have to load up the .tel with all sub-categories full of location data!

Hey Mark

[size]
    OK, I have push your button of like, and also I have put the same to also my test applicación: https://apps.facebook.com/telrural/

But the problem is that now, is OK the bottom of "send", and also send it, but NOWHERE IS POSIBLE INSTALL THAT APPLICATION... When Mark send me telonmap, I install in my facebook the applicación, but with the send, only can share[/size]

Cedric06-27-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15797)

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15798)
    OK, I have push your button of like, and also I have put the same to also my test applicación: https://apps.facebook.com/telrural/

[size]
    pushed "Like" for both of your Apps.

However, why can't I see a "Like" on my app? https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard/
    So it means I need iframe an HTML page(instead of just the telnic-map link) with adding some code in it?

although I can see one on my "app page": https://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...82172945173915 

[/size]

boracay.tel06-27-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedric (Post 15799)
    pushed "Like" for both of your Apps.

However, why can't I see a "Like" on my app? https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard/
    So it means I need iframe an HTML page(instead of just the telnic-map link) with adding some code in it?

[size]
    thanks to all of you so far for "like" -ing my facebook app (webpage??? for now i guess)
    Cedric, yep, you need to create a html page... and in that page you add something like this

So, i know very little about facebook.
    Tindaya, I too wish to know how to turn this into an installable app? Do we need more than 10 active users or something i thought i read somewhere?

cheers[/size]

tindaya06-27-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 15800)
    Do we need more than 10 active users or something i thought i read somewhere?

cheers

[size]
    I don´t know the problem, I think we must go investigate how to send a install. Maybe was what say Mark, that we need to create a FBML (facebook M L, Like HTML). I don´t know.

But the 10 month and 5 users, is for submit to the directory of facebook, and the beg problem is: HOW TO GET A USERS?, CAN I BE A USERT OF YOUR APPLICATION?[/size]

Cedric06-28-2011 07:42 AM

we must go investigate how to send a install

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15801)
    I don´t know the problem, I think we must go investigate how to send a install. Maybe was what say Mark, that we need to create a FBML (facebook M L, Like HTML). I don´t know.

But the 10 month and 5 users, is for submit to the directory of facebook, and the beg problem is: HOW TO GET A USERS?, CAN I BE A USER OF YOUR APPLICATION?

[size]
    Hi tindaya,

I have got my app approved(with 10 monthly active users, but no installed user that time!!!!), and published to the App directory.

But I think the app still cannot be installed? 

The only one user is me, as I am the developer......

I've added someone from our forum to "tester" and "insight user", but the total users still shows ONE......

It seems when you open the app link: https://apps.facebook.com/telnamecard/
    the iframe map (or .tel-page) displayed directly, without asking authorization or install?

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6e07055djw1dimpnqqrn3j.jpg[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 7:18 am