The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New telephone directory

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New telephone directory Empty New telephone directory

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:23 pm

Mals10-23-2012 02:47 PM

New telephone directory

Made a new telephone directory of the city of Oldenburg.- Telefonbuch Oldenburg
    Posted about 20 000 phone numbers of the inhabitants of this city.

If anyone knows the German language, please check the headers for errors.
    I don't know German, so could be wrong.
    Thank you

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-23-2012 05:47 PM

Interesting. How do you plan to keep it up to date?
    Mark

Mals10-23-2012 09:23 PM

I think the information will still be relevant.
    It would be good to sell the site to the local population, who will be able to keep the site up to date.
    If the fate of this site to generate revenue from advertising, no matter how relevant information.
    I made this site for the sake of experiment, to develop the optimum structure of the site-directory. Look at how the search engines will rank subdomains. 
    On the basis of experience do the other sites even better

boracay.tel10-24-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25874)
    I made this site for the sake of experiment, to develop the optimum structure of the site-directory. Look at how the search engines will rank subdomains.

[size]
    Its good to see continued interest in .tel for directories. 
    there are a few good examples out there and telnics newsletter mar 2012 showed some possibilities.
    the directory logic is the key. to be able to instantly swap/goto categories form variations of even the same category.
    ...and to use the keyword navigation model for primary categories, and final client landing pages.
    ie category.directory.tel
    and
    client.directory.tel

.tel is an incredible back-end platform for directories, 
    (however, is missing crucial front-end navigational control)

just a couple of the most basic of changes (a revised imageAds "click") needs implementing. 
    (specifically Ads and imageAds .tel links staying within the same window)
    and being consistent across both mobile and desktop templates[/size]

TELcp10-24-2012 04:18 AM

@Mals

Looks like you have spent a lot of time on this, unless White Pages entries are automated.
    Directory/Category structure for Residents should be better than this.
    FirstName.FamilyName.Oldenburg.tel would have been better for SERPs.
    Take a look at a geo domain example at mytown.tel and Sample-Directories

Cheers

Mals10-24-2012 08:56 AM

Filling the site automatically, but manual work was a lot.
    Before it came to the automatic filling had to manually structure of the data obtained.
    The directory structure FirstName.FamilyName.Oldenburg.tel not good.
    You forgot about the limit of 100 records.
    FamilyName several thousand, so on the first level should be the alphabet.
    I have already done more than ten handbooks cities and experimented with different structures.

Here one structure - http://hotels.tallin.tel/
    Here is another - http://hotel.sanktpeterburg.tel/
    Here is a third - http://hotels.chicagoil.tel/
    Here the fourth - http://hotels.chicagoland.tel/

And while I'm not decided how best.

TELcp10-24-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25882)
    You forgot about the limit of 100 records.

[size]
    You can navigate to previous & next pages if you wish.
    At present such buttons do not open within the .tel.

In this forum, there is a proposal by members to implement such nav buttons.
    If implemented, 100 records limit is not going to be a problem.

FirstName.LastName.NameOfTown is the pattern people search on the web.

Cheers!

++++[/size]

Mals10-24-2012 10:12 AM

In addition to the problem of the limit of 100, there is the problem of convenience for users.
    As you can imagine 3000 FamilyNames in one column?
    Here without gradation in alphabetical order not to do.

supercyberheroes10-24-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25872)
    Made a new telephone directory of the city of Oldenburg.- Telefonbuch Oldenburg
    Posted about 20 000 phone numbers of the inhabitants of this city.

If anyone knows the German language, please check the headers for errors.
    I don't know German, so could be wrong.
    Thank you

[size]
    I like the logo

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

boracay.tel10-24-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25884)
    In addition to the problem of the limit of 100, there is the problem of convenience for users.
    As you can imagine 3000 FamilyNames in one column?
    Here without gradation in alphabetical order not to do.

[size]
    You are correct.
    3000 displayed at once is not what this is about.
    As you have noted, create strategic navigation pages to reference 100 or less premium client.directory.tel entries at a time and/or to reference other navigational.directory. tel categories and alphabetical heirarchy pages. 

The root directory building method is suitable in situations particularly where you have mytown.tel (3000 premium entries) within a bigger/massive city.tel (10, 100, up to 3000 mytowns.tel)

However, currently there is no consistent graphical way to link it all (.tel url's) together. We need the help of using both text and image Ads links in a more flexible implementation. for directories that is; in a navigational manner, to function in the exact same way goto.tel links function. (Simply said as DO NOT open a new window with each and every Ad click that is pointing to a .tel URL)

And just as importantly, to get the premium.directory.tel client page (ie the SEO landing page that both telpages and google find easily) a way back HOME graphically to the city or mytown parent directories. 

Among other things![/size]

Mals10-24-2012 03:54 PM

I do not understand how it works the search on the domain .Tel

For example I type in the search word - Affeldt
    This is the domain name of the lower level and the key word is http://affeldt.a.telefonbuch.oldenburg.tel/

Get a negative result of - http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol.../oldenburg.tel

Such work search misleading of users.
    If the user does not want to do a lot of transitions through the pages to search for the desired him the phone number.
    He just wrote in the search for the name of the person and receives a negative answer.
    The user goes to the site without having received the information he needs.
    But because the relevant information is on the web site.
    I think about how to delete search on all their sites.

boracay.tel10-25-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25887)
    I do not understand how it works the search on the domain .Tel

[size]
    Mals, you need to add the keyword into the "more information" section of each of your pages
    This is separate and in ADDITION to wherever else your keyword is ideally going to be written to your viewers.

Search currently will not look at any "contact data" entries.
    And it's otherwise a bit complicated to simply expect the sub domain that includes your keyword to be enough!

Solution. 
    Always works.
    *add the keyword into the "more information" section of each of your pages[/size]

Mals10-25-2012 08:02 AM

Thank you, I did not know what to search ishet only in the section "more information".
    It is a pity that search the site so limited, that does not see even the name of the subdomain.
    I would like to have a full-scale search.
    Are there any plans to expand the search?

boracay.tel10-25-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25891)
    Thank you, I did not know what to search ishet only in the section "more information".
    It is a pity that search the site so limited, that does not see even the name of the subdomain.
    I would like to have a full-scale search.
    Are there any plans to expand the search?

[size]
    Actually, I think Aled or Mark or the search experts need to chime in here to help you

its my experience that in addition to the "more information fields" rule (that seems to always work for me) there is the default situation that telpages (the search engine) will index pages by following links from other pages. (and then the subdomain and possibly the header data is then referenced/searchable data)

BUT if ultimately your page is not linked from somewhere else, than it simply wont be known about by telpages 

(well, that is, unless the page has data in the "more information" area i mentioned)

oh boy.
    i'll stop now.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2012 01:28 PM

As far as I remember, this is what is searched by TelPages (TP):
    title
    header
    freetext
    more information keywords

But that should not be a problem for anyone because the Search Engines (SE) see EVERYTHING including subdomain contents as long as they are visible and linked. 

Hidden subdomains are indexed by TP and SE only if they are linked, doesnt matter if internal (SE and TP) or external linking for SE only. However unlinked hidden subdomains are not visible to TP.

BTW, hidden subsubdomains are useful for creating short links at the root level eg taxi.london.tel and for overidding the 100 record limit. eg you can have 100's of hidden subdomains. The trick is to create an internal index so they are indexed and browsable by the visitor.

Mark

Mals10-25-2012 03:36 PM

Google's online translator bad translation into Russian.
    Now I enter in the search url subdomain - ad.a.telefonbuch.oldenburg.тел
    Get the result - http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol...ел

Looking for a url - a.telefonbuch.oldenburg.тел
    get - http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol...ел
    What you need to do, to search found their URLs

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2012 03:47 PM

We have no idea how Telpages selects its results, but why are you so fixed on getting searches out of TP? TP is not used by anyone. Concentrate on getting your content found in Google.
    Mark

Mals10-25-2012 08:31 PM

I have dozens of sites in the zone .tel and looking at the statistics of visitors I see that a lot of people use the search Telpages.
    I see that they get a negative result, in spite of the fact that the requested information is available on the site.
    I dream about how to search the site worked to the full.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-25-2012 09:22 PM

I will correct my statement re "anyone". The world revolves primarily around Google right now, and until TP is known, and .TEL has attained a critical mass, relying on TP won't produce ideal results. What you are seeing are probably searches from within other .Tel sites' search boxes. I have to assume that searching using TP itself can't be that significant at this time - that is something only the .TEL community knows about. I may be wrong. Only Telnic has the usage stats.
    Mark

boracay.tel10-26-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 25901)
    I dream about how to search the site worked to the full.

[size]
    It's been noted here by many members just how important the search within a .tel domain is. A very prominant issue still remains outstanding for the mobile search staying within its own .tel results. Its still at beta. We are waiting on a mobile telpages update.

You are building directories with logic and a navigational tree. thats essential anyway.
    And when used in conjunction with search, you can navigate your visitors "back" to relevant similar grouped categories (same type of results to which their initial search or instant search has landed them). desktop and iPad search currently works well for a directory. You just need to massage your "more information" fields to achieve (include/excluded) grouped results. I'm using an "instant search" approach. this allows the visitor to simply "click" to see results based on a string passed to telpages. 

Such as "3stars+hotels+beachfront+zone2" etc

Stick with it. 
    Perfect your search understanding within a .tel for the meantime.
    (hopefully we will see a mobile update soon)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New telephone directory Empty Re: New telephone directory

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:24 pm

Mals10-26-2012 11:42 AM

Sometimes I check statistics manually.
    I check statistics here - https://telstats.nic.tel/
    I see it - 81.154.68.144 - - [24/Oct/2012:21:39:11 +0200] "GET/lookup/hotel.oldenburg.tel HTTP/1.1" 200 21453 "http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol.../oldenburg.tel" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) of AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.94 Safari/537.4" 
    I copy that part which is concluded so-called - http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol.../oldenburg.tel
    I insert it into the upper line of the browser and I see that the user - http://d1.webproxy.nic.tel/search/ol.../oldenburg.tel looked for

Mals10-26-2012 11:52 AM

Not always it is possible to fill the section "more information", such as in a case when on page contacts of a large number of people are this.
    As, if the important Keyword already is in Title, it I do not recommend to repeat in "more information".
    Searchers don't love repetition.

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 4:36 pm