The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Shortage of Telephone Numbers in the UK

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Shortage of Telephone Numbers in the UK Empty Shortage of Telephone Numbers in the UK

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:04 pm

teltheworld09-10-2011 01:55 PM

Shortage of Telephone Numbers in the UK

Yep that's right!

According to the Article that you can read below, it seems there will be a shortage of UK Telephone Numbers to go round.

So if I want to phone my next door neighbour, it does seem that before too long I will have to dial the Full Area Code (boring!) plus her Telephone Number which at the moment I don't have to do.

Obviously this will also apply to all kinds of Trades People who may have a multitude of different codes in the area and with all that to remember, it seems to be a good reason for getting yourself a .Tel.

Although I have used this to start a new thread, my reason is to lend my support to Mikes comments. 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/phone-numbe...121959779.html

mikeseaton09-10-2011 02:27 PM

The telephone number shortage is already a reality in Portsmouth UK, which has a universally known prefix of "02392".

There was a story in the local press about a guy continually receiving calls for a new Portsmouth restaurant, despite being nothing to do with them.

What had happened is that having run out of "02392" prefixes the authorities had allocated the Portsmouth restaurant an "02393" prefix and the restaurant had naturally used the new allocated number on all their promotional material.

But people reading it just assumed it was a typo, everyone associates Portsmouth with "02392" and not "02393" - therefore the poor guy with the existing "02392" number was being continuously bombarded with requests for table bookings !

Mike Seaton

teltheworld09-10-2011 02:33 PM

Never been a better time for this guy to open a restaurant!

Cees09-10-2011 09:30 PM

IMHO, This would seem like an ideal opportunity for Telnic to start a local campaign, the likely exposure in the media could then be used as a lever to educate the rest of the population.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 11:54 pm