The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

4 posters

Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel

JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel Empty Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel

Post by JH 2012-06-26, 10:10 am

Since the product .tel itself hasn't become a widespread accepted solution until today, I've thought about what else I can do with the extension .tel.

I've found a purpose which is very close related to this invention - and so I'm selling telephone numbers with my .tels:

http://Telefonnummer.tel
    and
    http://Telefonnummern.tel

(The German term "Telefonnummer" means telephone number of course.)
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel Empty Re: Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-06-26, 1:57 pm

Jens, any chance of you doing an English speaking .tel site with this facility ?

Also, have you checked out Pay Per Call opportunities with .tel ? - see the thread http://www.teltalk.org/t146-new-pay-per-call-monetisation-opportunity

Http://MikeSeaton.tel
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel Empty Re: Selling German telephone numbers with a .tel

Post by JH 2012-06-26, 2:25 pm

Unfortunately I’m only based in Germany and Indonesia.
    Because of that I have only access to German and Indonesian cell phone numbers which I offer for sale here.
    (The published numbers are not intended to call. People can just buy these premium numbers.)

Even my domain http://Phonenumbers.tel refers to http://Telefonnummer.tel.

I also tried the pay-per-call possibilities to get commission for incoming calls.
    But here the problem is that .tel domains in general have such low traffic, that hardly any visitors pass by.
    Due to the low awareness level it seems to me more money for advertising is required to make a .tel domain popular than revenues can be generated with it.
    marimax
    marimax

Post by marimax 2012-09-01, 5:22 pm

How does it work, I can not understand. Is the telephone number your domain name ?

Like for example +16041234567
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2012-09-01, 6:36 pm

The cell phone numbers published on the domain above are not in use.
    I'm offering them to German people who want to buy a phone number easy to remember.
    They can buy those from me and start using it for every purpose they want.

As long name phone numbers are not introduced cell phone users can get at least numbers easy to remember from me.
    Should .tel be successful one day, the traditional numeric phone numbers won't have their meaning anymore. But as we know Telnic is not in a hurry to become successful. They try everything to decelerate the success of .tel!
    Perhaps they have their reasons for deceleration, but I don't know why!
    I'm convinced .tel will be huge one day, but since this day is far in the future, we have to look for alternatives meanwhile.
    Tel
    Tel
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Tel 2012-09-01, 7:08 pm

JH wrote:Perhaps they have their reasons for deceleration, but I don't know why!
    That is an interesting thought! I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, but it is very obvious Telnic reduced the effort for all activities in 2011 dramatically and refuses all questions for strategic statements. It is clear .tel could stand elsewhere already if Telnic would have a proactive business strategy. Can it be something is happening behind Telnic what forces them to slowdown, perhaps merger talks, influence from a strategic partner with long-term targets or disputes with competing technologies?
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

Post by mikeseaton 2012-09-01, 7:20 pm

Tel wrote:
    JH wrote:Perhaps they have their reasons for deceleration, but I don't know why!
    It is clear .tel could stand elsewhere already if Telnic would have a proactive business strategy. Can it be something is happening behind Telnic what forces them to slowdown, perhaps merger talks, influence from a strategic partner with long-term targets or disputes with competing technologies?
    That's something many of us on Telnic's forum have wished for in the last 12-24 months !

I think it is possible the Telnic registry could be sold off (there are a few potential buyers of minor gTLDs) leaving the new company Telnames Ltd. with the http://YourBusiness.tel single-page template as a future revenue earner for the current Telnic/Telnames directors.

All current promotion (such as it is) of .tel is just being done for the Telnames single-page template, so such a move would fit in with what's actually happening on the ground and would bring some much-needed financial relief to the shareholders of Telnic Ltd.

Of course things could just continue as they are at the moment indefinitely - I just hope that's not going to be the case !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2012-09-01, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JH
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by JH 2012-09-01, 7:28 pm

Yes, one big mystery definitely is why the staff is making such secretiveness about the introduction of Telnames!
    Usually if a new business is created, you try to advertise this as much as possible. But Telnic tries to keep it secret.
    It looks like there is something happening; we just don't know what it is - and if it is good or bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:51 pm