The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Add rel="me" to website links

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Add rel="me" to website links Empty Add rel="me" to website links

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:21 am

rgolds02-03-2011 05:51 PM

Add rel="me" to website links

I have a simple feature request - adding rel="me" to links on a .tel page. This is becoming an increasingly popular XFN identity value to associate links with specific people and businesses, used by things such as Google's Social Graph API. It's becoming more and more important for SEO purposes, as well as for general web presence.

Facebook has recently adopted this, automatically appending rel="me" to webpages.

You can see this in the source on my Facebook page https://facebook.com/ryangoldstein
    Code:

Code:
    <a rel="me" href="http://ryan-goldstein.com" class="url">ryan-goldstein.com</a>

[size]
    This rel="me" is only valid with symmetric linking, so both sites must have a link pointing to the other with rel="me", to prove that both sites represent the same person (or business). This is why it's critical for Telnic to adopt it!

Thanks,
    -Ryan[/size]

henri02-03-2011 07:01 PM

We'd have to see how that could be implemented in the management UI. Doing this automatically for all the web URIs (as facebook does) would be easy but probably not correct. Having to manage that for each URI might be tricky, and generally overkill, as well.
    Unless we default to rel="me" for all web URIs, and let the person decide whether to trigger the rel by implementing (or not) the symmetric link on the other side. That would be a trivial change on the web proxy.

rgolds02-03-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henri (Post 12530)
    Unless we default to rel="me" for all web URIs, and let the person decide whether to trigger the rel by implementing (or not) the symmetric link on the other side. That would be a trivial change on the web proxy.

[size]
    That's what I was thinking; unless it's implemented on the other end, rel="me" will have no effect. I don't see any downside to having it appended to every web URI.[/size]

Bunjie02-03-2011 08:44 PM

I vote for this, I have nothing else constructive or deconstructive to say it sounds good to me.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:05 pm