The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Use of the word 'friends' for private data access

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Use of the word 'friends' for private data access Empty Use of the word 'friends' for private data access

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:52 am

dschluer12-12-2010 11:34 PM

Use of the word 'friends' for private data access

Most of the .tels I own are business-oriented or local directories. The word "friend" as it is used in association with sharing of private .tel data does not seem very professional and it makes .tel seem more like a social networking tool vs. a business tool. I've had several potential customers comment on that already.

I'd like to propose changing "friends" to "members" or something applicable to BOTH social and business applications. Anyone else concerned with this issue?

spline12-14-2010 01:03 AM

Good point!

Connection?

Get connected.

dottelads12-14-2010 11:18 AM

agree - contacts, members, etc anything more neutral would help in a business application

Simon G12-14-2010 01:52 PM

Agreed, I've heard the same thoughts when telling people bout the friending process. 
    Connect/Connection would be good as is neutral and lends weight to the networking idea. Which would IMO work for Social, Business and everything in between.

tony mayo12-16-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Connect/Connection would be good as is neutral and lends weight to the networking idea

[size]
    Very good idea. 
    As we come to the end of another year it's great to see how the exchange of ideas on this forum has picked up in such a positive way.[/size]

maximka12-16-2010 12:11 PM

My English is not perfect and so it is difficult for me to decide what particular word would be better. But surely "TelFriends"sounds not very seriously - when I see it then I personally think about spammers at once. "TelMembers" - may be it is too much official. "Tel-Contacts"?

Aled12-16-2010 03:15 PM

Thanks very much for all your comments on this. It's valuable feedback for us. As mentioned in our CEO's end of year message which was included with today's newsletter (http://telnic.org/newsletters/dottelegraph-dec10.html), the entire privacy and friending system will be made more user-friendly during 2011, so stay tuned for those changes,

Blunderer12-17-2010 12:07 PM

Aled, I received the November Newsletter by email, not the December issue.

Aled12-17-2010 12:15 PM

Hi,

Are you sure it was the incorrect version? Unfortunately there was an error in the image link which went to the Nov issue, but the text link should take you to December.

Blunderer12-17-2010 03:37 PM

Hi Aled,

I clicked the "View online" icon and got the Nov issue. Following your reply above, I selected the text link and that worked.

NFA required.

Seasons greetings,

Roy

dottel12-22-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschluer (Post 11847)
    Most of the .tels I own are business-oriented or local directories. The word "friend" as it is used in association with sharing of private .tel data does not seem very professional and it makes .tel seem more like a social networking tool vs. a business tool. I've had several potential customers comment on that already.

I'd like to propose changing "friends" to "members" or something applicable to BOTH social and business applications. Anyone else concerned with this issue?

[size]
    Correct and great input, welcome to the forum[/size]

DirectoryDan12-22-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 11964)
    Correct and great input, welcome to the forum

[size]
    Thanks dottel, good to be here! (Changed my screen name.)[/size]

dottel12-29-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 11970)
    Thanks dottel, good to be here! (Changed my screen name.)

[size]
    You're welcome
    DirectoryDan? is that a domain name or is it because you own directories?[/size]

DirectoryDan12-29-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 12028)
    You're welcome
    DirectoryDan? is that a domain name or is it because you own directories?

[size]
    ... because my focus is on directories and I wanted that to come through in my posts on the forum. Sounds kind of silly but hey, it works![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:29 am