The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

synch text problem desk/laptop contra mobile template

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

synch text problem desk/laptop contra mobile template Empty synch text problem desk/laptop contra mobile template

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:55 am

dutchstreetdog01-20-2011 09:44 AM

synch text problem desk/laptop contra mobile template

Hello Telnic frends i am woundering and trying to get my freetext in synch on my laptop and on my iphone, so that it looks the same!
    On my laptop the lay-out looks good whit spaces And everything, but ones i check it on my phone the text is all sticking togeter and barley readeble.
    There is no way to make à good lay-out on the smartphone template aldo its looks good on the desk/lap top!?
    This system is no wysiwyg system 
    And if i try two diffrent freetextbox its a bit better but then the text keeps chanching up and down by everey new pageload?!
    I am fighting for days to make the freetext looking the Same on de desk/laptop and the iphone template but i think its impossible
    Anybody some tips because the freetext looks horrific on the iphone And its looking good on THE lapdesk the domain is scheveningen (look below) 
    Please sombody tell mi its impossible to synch the lay-out on desk/lap contra mobile template So i can stop fighting
    And if this is the case telnic should do somthing about it (if posseble)

Bunjie01-20-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

And if i try two diffrent freetextbox its a bit better but then the text keeps chanching up and down by everey new pageload?!

[size]
    When you first load it the text should stay in order, but because .tel use like 5 DNS proxy servers or something, they're not always pulling it out the same so 1 can look different than 5.

Telnic did say something about this, specifically I refer to the community manager who I've not seen in 6 months, "why would you want too? your not writing a story", which missed the point entirely about being able to choose what we want displayed in what order.

So yes currently it's impossible to get them in a set order until telnic work on that feature.

And as far as I'm aware the Iphone proxy version is still beta.[/size]

dutchstreetdog01-20-2011 02:28 PM

okidoki

thanks for the respons bunji
    yes if you see my site on the lap/desktop the prices for advertising are nice in categorys
    and well readeble the layout is perfect whit spaces between
    but ones i check it on my smartphone it al sticks together whitout spaces and parts of the text were the dont belong
    So the customers dont no what the reading, and mabey think that the advertise the purches is going to look like that:eek:
    well i think whit dottel focusing on the mobile market, the must find a solution for this problem!!
    a wysiwyg system
    i almost had a heart attack whit the text jumping around one part good the other part messed up and vica versa my god
    well shale i chooche for a good layout on the phone, or on the desktop?
    thanks again bunji for saving my live:)

Aled01-24-2011 11:55 AM

DutchStreetDog, you are right, the smartphone version should be showing the line break between the paragraphs. We'll look to correct this and include it in the next release of the smartphone proxy. I'll let you know on here once the update it live. Thanks for raising this.

Aled

dutchstreetdog01-31-2011 01:32 AM

One more issue

Yesterday i change a subfolder link "url" whit mytel but after 24 hrs its still not found!
    I think that changing a link "url" is not working in use whit mytel, 
    When i make such a move on my laptop its updating all the content after a little while but doing it whit mytel nothing is updatet and the new and old link "url" are not found anymore!?!?:confused:

Aled02-02-2011 12:10 PM

Hello Dutch, 

Do you still get this problem? I just tried to update a url using my.tel and it updated successfully in the app and in the DNS. 

Also, does the change that you made still appear in the app?

dutchstreetdog02-02-2011 05:03 PM

hello aled
    i mean updating a folder,(changing url) and in the folder i have a good amount of subfolders whit content!
    on the desktop its fine but whit mytel its not updating nothing!
    this happend before!
    in the app the updatet url appears but its not found, not the new And not the old url!
    Not even after 24 hrs!
    i dont have a url to update at this moment because everything is nice and heavy!!!!
    i am almost ready for tel of the year whit my scheveningen 
    Ones i am ready i want you to look if its fit for telworld!
    But anyway realy i think its not updating whit mytel.
    Try it whit 5 or more subfolders whit content, in the folder to update!
    i am almost shure you see what i mean
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one more thing when i am putting a link from a picture in the logo area i always get a error!
    first i must previeuw and after that i can save. Why?
    this is confiusing for people, mabey the people dont think about first using the previeuw and think its broke!
    b.t.w. i am using photobucket
    THX aled !

Aled02-04-2011 10:48 AM

Where are you trying to change the folder within mytel? can you go through the steps that you are following please?

Thanks

Aled02-04-2011 11:02 AM

Dutch,

with regards to the first issue you raised on this thread, the line break in free text not appearing on smartphones, this has been resolved following an update that we made this week. You can check it out on http://startup.aled.tel/.

Let me know if it still doesn't work or you see anything else.

dutchstreetdog02-04-2011 12:14 PM

ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12547)
    Where are you trying to change the folder within mytel? can you go through the steps that you are following please?

Thanks

[size]
    ok i go to the domain on mytel

INFORMATION
    and choose contact items

ALL RECORDS
    and choose link to a tel (that i want to chanche)

EDIT ITEM
    value

there i chanche the value (url) and save
    ones updatet the new url pad is viseble but just not found!
    i hope its clear 
    mabey i am doing somthing wrong ?![/size]

Aled02-04-2011 02:17 PM

Thanks for explaining, so you are trying to change the link to the folder in the application. I've just tried and my test updated successfully.

Before you do the update please note that because it in a link to a .tel, it has a dot at the end. You also need to add this dod when you to the update. For example, I did the following:

current value was "startup.aled.tel."
    I changed this and just set it to "aled.tel."
    Now the link on the page just goes to aled.tel.

If you are still having problems can you give an example of what page you are updating, what the current value is and what you are updating it to please?

dutchstreetdog02-04-2011 03:21 PM

ok 
    the current link is drenthe.dierenambulance.tel.
    i am removing the "h" from drenthe just as a exemple than it becomes drente.dierenambulance.tel.
    i make this move on mytel under "EDIT ITEM value" and leave it lke that till you have checkt
    i have two subfolders under drenthe.dierenambulance.tel.
    than you see its not found anymore
    I hope i am not crazy

Aled02-04-2011 03:24 PM

Thnaks, and which page is this link shown on?

dutchstreetdog02-04-2011 03:49 PM

y

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 12566)
    Thnaks, and which page is this link shown on?

[size]
    well on the first page www.dierenambulance.tel the link has chanched but when you click it the server is not found anymore
    Is this what you mean?[/size]

Aled02-04-2011 03:53 PM

I think this is the confusion here, you have changed the link, so that on http://www.dierenambulance.tel/ the link now shows as Drente BUT this only changes the link, it does NOT change the folder name. The folder name is still drenthe. This is why the link no longer works as it points to a folder that doesn't exist - "drente".

My.tel lets you create and delete folders, but it doesn't currently let you update folder names.

Aled02-04-2011 03:54 PM

This is the same as the CTH control panel. If you only update the link to a folder in the Contact section it only updates that link, and not the folder name.

dutchstreetdog02-04-2011 04:02 PM

ooo so it is not possible updating folders whit mytel!!
    than its al clear for mi!
    well thx anyway then i wont try updating folders again whit mytel
    but i thought it was possible!
    thanksss aled

dutchstreetdog02-04-2011 04:10 PM

but what were you saing about you updating folders true mytel?

Aled02-04-2011 04:32 PM

You cannot update a folder name through mytel, but you can update it's contents and delete it.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:04 am