The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What I like about Telnic!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What I like about Telnic! Empty What I like about Telnic!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:52 am

Jens10-06-2011 06:59 PM

What I like about Telnic!

Obsolescent

mikeseaton10-06-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18065)
    From my side I will support the future development of .tel by publishing my domains after the new templates have arrived.

[size]
    Jens, I look forward to seeing your published domains - I know from the "DotTel Pick-Up Party" every evening that you have secured some very high premium domain names that myself and others on this forum were also interested in !

What DotTel really needs is an entry on http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm to gain "street cred" - hopefully you, me, Mark, Telrific or one of the other forum domainers will achieve this early in 2012 ! 

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe10-06-2011 09:16 PM

Jens/Mike/entire forum group: I think populating will help in providing some traction. We went ahead with populating Nevada.tel and spent money knowing that there is not a huge return on investment, the return being that when people look for things in Las Vegas or Nevada in general they may find it on our .tel site and begin to notice that these directories are being populated.

That being said, we do not have the marketing budget to put up a billboard as you drive into Las Vegas from Los Angeles where approx. 100,000 drivers drive every weekend to see "NEVADA.TEL" YOUR MOBILE DIRECTORY on a billboard.

My point is populating domains does help, but at some point a very large persistent marketing campaign needs to happen. 

I'm not here to criticize or complain about Telnic's marketing I already did that in 2009 ( haha), what I would like to do is start a discussion between us about how everyone could get together to form some type of effective group to pool our resources.

Here's one idea: All of us have highly valuable one word generic terms or geo domains. As a group we could select one or 2 of the domains that would impact the marketplace and make an impression. We then take that domain populate it to the fullest with all the tools needed from Mark/Telcp/Dottel.net.. We then market this domain either on a massive billboard which will get national attention, or market it in a magazine or newspaper which will get massive attention and eyeballs.

I would be willing to contribute financially each month if all the other parties would do so as well. for example 6 of us contribute $500 usd monthly to have a persistent and complete marketing of that domain. we then reinvest any of the 1.) paid listings 2.) google revenue back into the marketing. 

If included in this consortium of all of us: a domain seller such as Webnames.ca, Domainmonster.com, or Name.com, and a few high profile .tel supporters got on board- like Georgemoen.tel or others we would have the funds to substantially promote a few highly recognized .tel domains. Digitrad? Micha.tel... I think you get the idea, a group of us who are willing to put this together- 

I'm talking about real action not just talk on the forum.

I'm also sure the comments to follow here are that Telnic should be doing this marketing as well.

In that I would agree, but I do believe (and I may be wrong) that a group of bright minds are already working a lot of hours behind the scenes doing this effort in a way that cannot be discussed openly on the forum. (strictly my own opinion and I do not have any relation to Telnic or any idea what goes on behind the scenes.)

I look forward to the comments and ideas that follow, I personally would join in this group and I would hope that others who have contacts with all of the players mentioned would send them a link to this post for their opinions and ideas.

Let's do it!

Regards,

D

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-06-2011 09:41 PM

I'm a big advocate for populating domains and I'll join in on this grassroots idea. Given time, I might be able to provide a mini version of "Park My Tel" for the participants. The participation of a registrar would be ideal. I want to resurrect the Scavenger Hunt idea with a registrar giving away prizes.

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 3:57 am