The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

MX-records

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

MX-records    Empty MX-records

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:21 am

dutchstreetdog02-03-2012 12:03 PM

MX-records

Those anybody now the exact mx record settings for google mail !
    i now about the tip 6 but it dosnt mangane the exact thing

is this good
    ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10
    ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
    ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
    ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30

And do i have to change the "change email" under settings "Your existing email address is"
    for this to work or has this notthing to do with the whole email thing?
    watch the diverence between "change email" and "Setup .tel email".

Do you need to change the excisting email with the new google email it in order to work properley
    The emails i have made with google work fine, but that has nothing to do with the telsite!

And i was checking my records and see i have everywere difrent MX records in my tel control panel
    i alweays tought it didt good because it send email and reicive email but that has nothing to do with 
    good configuration in combination with the teldomains

I dont understand the combination google mail + dottel
    why shut i fill in the mx records, it also works fine without the settings in dottel, or am i missing somthing?!
    people send email to info@xxx.tel and i send email from info@xxx.tel all working fine

Or the onley thing is, in order to be able to make google mail, i need the dottel domain!?
    but ones i made it, i dont need the dottel domain anymore, Right

men men i think to much, and then i get lost!

Aled02-03-2012 01:03 PM

Hello Dutch,

Firstly, the "change email" has nothing to do with setting up your MX, this is to change the email address linked to your .tel (the one used for "forgotten your password).

With regards to which MX records to set, Google have these listed at - http://support.google.com/a/bin/answ...&answer=174125

I'm not sure I follow your other questions, though. Are you saying that the forwarding is working for you at the moment anyway?

dutchstreetdog02-03-2012 01:16 PM

Hello Aled
    thx for your response
    I mean i have different MX settings on 3 diffrent dottel domains, yet all the email account work.
    I think if i remove the email settings from the dottel panel it still keeps working
    So i dont see were the dottel comes in, exept for making the accounts with google
    Is the dottel onley needed to make the email account in google, and after that its finnished
    Or is there more to do with the Teldomain in combination with google, after making the email account,

Btw i am not using those setting http://support.google.com/a/bin/answ...&answer=174125
    I am using completly diffrent ones on diffrent domains, and send and reicive emails

Aled02-03-2012 01:30 PM

Hi,

I'm sure that Googl;e have lost of different MX records that work, but those in that link are the ones they recommend.

If you want mail sent to name@your.tel to be forwarded on to your GMail account then you will need to keep those MX settings in your .tel control panel.

dutchstreetdog02-03-2012 01:53 PM

Well ok thank you
    See i think much to complicated
    So if i remove those settings the email wont work anymore
    If i remove and its not forwared anymore, were those it goes then?!
    If its a stupid question, dont awnser it anymore
    Thanks Aled
    Greetings dutch

Aled02-03-2012 02:37 PM

no, not stupid at all. It doesn't go anywhere. The mail server looks at your .tel to see where to send the mail, but if there are no MX records set, then the mail will be rejected and returned to the sender.

dutchstreetdog02-03-2012 03:09 PM

Ok then it dosnt work!
    Well i am surprised that with all those diffrent settings, all my mails seem to work!
    I even have a account with just 3 MX records in, and strange ones to but its going good!
    Well Thanks again for the explanation Aled, its much clearer to mi
    Greetings Dutch

Current date/time is 2024-05-01, 11:41 pm