The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Repositioning records

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Repositioning records Empty Repositioning records

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:43 am

Blunderer05-25-2012 12:18 PM

Repositioning records

Is there any known reason why I should be having a problem with dragging records up/down the page this week?

Aled05-25-2012 01:17 PM

Hello Blunderer,

Nothing has changed with the functionality, but I wonder if your browser version has updated? In the past I've seen some issues with some versions of Internet Explorer with dragging records. Are you using IE and if so can you confirm if you get the same issue in a different browser?

Thanks,
    Aled

Blunderer05-25-2012 03:42 PM

Hi Aled,

I usually work in Chrome because IE always blocked the "insecure content" i.e. the map, but Chrome has started doing that too - about the same time I started to experience problems moving the records, now that I think about it.

That said, I have just tried Chrome and IE, and neither will allow me to move a record, even with permission having been granted to display insecure content.

If you have a look at http://tiverton.tel you will see that my care homes are stuck between racking and toilets (no jokes please) and have been since this morning. The entry for catering that I put on yesterday morning wasn't movable until very early this morning.

I mentioned to you the length of time it was taking for keywords to become discoverable through the internal search, a few weeks ago. That hasn't improved noticeably either which means that I have to hold invoices back until it works. This requires frequent trial and error of items that were listed over a week ago = tedious and time consuming.

Any help/advice you can give with these issues will, as always, be a appreciated.

Aled05-25-2012 03:52 PM

Thanks for the additional info, so the dragging wasn't working for you, then did for a while this morning, and isn't again now. Is that right?

We're working currently on some improvements which we hope will speed up indexing. My apologies that the current delays are causing you issues.

Aled05-25-2012 04:21 PM

Also, can you confirm if the issue is:

1 - That you can drag and drop, but the reordering doesn't occur on the .tel, or if you log out and back in OR
    2 - if you can't drag and drop at all

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-25-2012 04:25 PM

@blunderer, see if you are getting a script error. In each browser there is a debug console where you can view errors. This happened before with maps and if the CTH fails at the map call, then the entire CTH script stops working.
    Mark

Blunderer05-25-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24046)
    Thanks for the additional info, so the dragging wasn't working for you, then did for a while this morning, and isn't again now. Is that right?

Yes - its as if there was an overload in the system. Sometimes an attempt to drag a record will result in a bit of a twitch - 1 - 2 mm then the record reverts to the original position.:confused:

We're working currently on some improvements which we hope will speed up indexing. My apologies that the current delays are causing you issues.

[size]
    Life's full of frustrations, but I won't talk about Scottish Rugby here again :o[/size]

Blunderer05-25-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24048)
    Also, can you confirm if the issue is:

1 - That you can drag and drop, but the reordering doesn't occur on the .tel, or if you log out and back in OR
    2 - if you can't drag and drop at all

[size]
    When the problem manifests itsself then I can't drag.

That said, I just tried http://axminster.tel a minute ago and it allowed me to pull a record down the page, but not go back up again.

Then I went back to http://tiverton.tel and it let me move the care services up two places - then stopped. I seems that it may let me move the record back down again but I won't do that.[/size]

Blunderer05-25-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24049)
    @blunderer, see if you are getting a script error. In each browser there is a debug console where you can view errors. This happened before with maps and if the CTH fails at the map call, then the entire CTH script stops working.
    Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark,

I have the control panel open, and have opened the tools menu but I can't see anything that is immediately obvious as an indicator of script errors. I have followed the links down to the Javascript console but its contents are a mystery to me, and I know my limitations.

Aled has requested more info by PM so I'll send that, confident that he will sort the problem.

I appreciate your help but, with my abilities, lifting the bonnet/hood will likely result in the gearbox dropping out!

Best wishes,

Roy[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 2:57 am