The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Over 1000 New Regs?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Over 1000 New Regs? Empty Over 1000 New Regs?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:45 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 05:44 PM

Over 1000 New Regs?

Aliencafe just asked me if I saw the boatload of regs that appeared in Telpages today. Seems over 1,000 via Eurodns in UK and France, all businesses. In fact, probing Telpages further, looks like around 1,600. They were regged on the 14th but did not appear in the daily registrations which is the peculiar part. Anybody know anything?
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18533)
    Where Telmasters.com and Dottel.net get their information about new registrations from (since they are not included there)?

[size]
    Direct from Telnic zone file which is posted each night. Already asked the question to Telnic as to why these were missing.
    Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 07:48 PM

It a file of domain changes that is posted on a private site for which you need to get access rights from Telinc.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 08:26 PM

It looks like they are actually being created today. TelPages shows many many more. Final tally later but it's over 2,000 now. I suspect they will appear tomorrow as today's registrations.
    Very interesting development. Would be nice to know who is the broker for these domains.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 08:30 PM

And they better fix their typos, eg see where the website for http://cityclocks.tel/ links to?
    Mark

Cees10-19-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18544)
    And they better fix their typos, eg see where the website for http://cityclocks.tel/ links to?
    Mark

[size]
    The link does work.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18549)
    That is even worse:

The link citycocks.com is going to another service, but not to cityclocks.com!

[size]
    That was the point I was making.
    Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 08:50 PM

What interests me now is the fact that the www.sw3.tel directory could be linking to citycentredrycleaners.tel for the most accurate information at folder city-centre-dry-cleaners.cleaners.services.sw3.tel instead of replicating the address which could either change over time, changes phone numbers, the business goes under, or even listing their new services.

As more businesses get their .tels, eventually directories need to use the real-time information from DNS. Telpages becomes the real-time broker for directory services.

Mark

Cees10-19-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18550)
    That was the point I was making.
    Mark

[size]
    Wont argue that point, Mark your up to speed with all this stuff, don't they do a road test, I'm only a mug but I do test.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18553)
    That can happen only if it gets developed!

[size]
    Agree needs more development.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18553)
    And after doing soon, you still need to bring people to use it!

[size]
    Not for searching, so no need to advertise to the public that TP exists. The point is that the YP,WP companies should be groomed to use TP internally to find new information. There is no easily-accessible method to search the DNS except for .tel domains through TP.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-19-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18555)
    True, but how you want to bring people to use TP instead of Google?

[size]
    OK, you are referring to Jane Public. I would say still that people don't need to know about TP as it becomes the middle man / broker between search engines and the data people are searching. People would still use Google to search because they are used to it and this is fed from TP directly via API. And as I outlined months ago, local apps can be given away by merchants to publicize the services in your town - those apps call TP in the background. At the earliest, I can't see TP ever becoming a search engine for the people, unless Google uses it or Tel reaches critical mass.

Mark[/size]

Simon G10-19-2011 09:48 PM

Is this not the same person who registered quite a decent number a month or two ago?

aliencafe10-19-2011 10:48 PM

It's great to see 1000's of registrations in one day. This shows the interest from other parties, and that developments are ongoing.

telrific10-20-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18559)
    Isn't that the reason why it was realized?

The reach of critical mass I am waiting for! I'm still optimistic we'll see it in 10 years!

[size]
    Once the Internet matures for the masses, from kindergarten to college, that is, from fads to tools, .TEL and TelPages will shine.

:cool:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-20-2011 01:16 PM

Aled sent me a clarification about the zone file. The zone file doesn't include new registrations, it includes new zones. If the zone is not created at registration then the name will not appear in the file.
    Re: the now 7,800 regs that was the case.
    Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 1:01 am