The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa Empty nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:59 pm

dottel.net08-03-2011 09:22 AM

nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa

773 total regs today - many by yellow book usa for their customers.

details here: http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

paulza08-03-2011 09:54 AM

As you can see yellow book reg`d domains starting with a, b, c, d & e letters, waiting for the next step - f, g, h, j and so on... )

Blunderer08-03-2011 10:28 AM

World wide online phonebook

I've been pondering upon this matter for a while but yesterdays increase in registrations demands that more urgent consideration be given to it. There is no protocol for including reference to location when registering names, so the aspiration to produce a world wide online directory is severely inhibited.

American YP registered athensroofing.tel yesterday but there is certainly more than one company with this name, world wide. We could continue to accept the first come - first served situation that exists but, what are we trying to achieve? Encouraging universal use of .tel is the best way to ensure that our .tels are found, and we earn money from them.

Should we be agreeing that we should add a Country identifier to registered names e.g. athensroofingusa.tel; athensroofinguk.tel? 

We can't undo what is done but, do we need rules for the future, to give confidence to those that might be discouraged from registering such an extended name that they will not be disadvantaged?

The problem also exists with geo names. Do owners have a duty to provide for links to all places with that name? Most European locations have counterparts in the "New World".

Some of you have been talking about dial by name. How will that work without a protocol?

spline08-03-2011 10:50 AM

Where is the press release that Yellowbook USA jumped on the wagon?

That means that more and more YP services are integrating .tel. Which makes it easier for telnic to sell into other YP services. Making it easier to reach critical mass.

Blunderer08-03-2011 11:59 AM

Yes, but there's only one of each name!

Simon G08-03-2011 12:32 PM

Blunderer I think this is why the loc record is so important. I could for example specify that I want athensroofing in scotland. 
    Cant see people being keen on adding to the company name just because they were first to innovate.

Geo domains Likewise there are many londons all over the world. It would be unfair to get the owner of london.tel to include information on all the other londons when they would have the work cut out providing a directory for london uk. 
    .tel is a hard enough sell already with out imposing registration rules on the people who enter first. 
    I know what you are saying but I cant see it happening in my opinion.

dialaroom08-03-2011 12:44 PM

I think Blunderer makes a really good point, do Telnic forsee a ".tel.uk" or ".tel.eu" etc. What is Telnics viewpoint please?

telrific08-03-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 16608)
    Yes, but there's only one of each name!

[size]
    You're all 2 years late on this conversation of one name per ...

Realizing this, Telnic added labels to the domain name.

Now it works like email, with labels.

Consider this:

Only 1 Ben@yahoo.com

So Ben and Ben and Ben and Ben have to do different things to register an email at yahoo

Ben1@yahoo.com
    BenSmith@yahoo.com
    BenUK@yahoo.com
    BND@yahoo.com

Only with .TEL the Label is added to increase discoverability (along with the directory keywords)

Ben
    Ben.tel

Ben
    Ben1.tel

Ben
    BenSmith.tel

Ben
    BenUK.tel

Ben
    BND.tel

The thing to keep in mind is that the Domain Name is a significant factor in TelPages and Search Results, so the .tel label and domain name are important if you're concerned with that:

Ben
    Ben.tel

Ben
    Ben1.tel

Ben
    BenSmith.tel

Ben
    BenUK.tel

Ben
    BND.tel

So, BND.tel is less discoverable based upon the primary variable, the domain name itself.

Location in the name has nothing to do with it unless it's the search term being used by the visitor.

AthensRoofing.tel or Athens-Roofing.tel will be discoverable in a search for 'Athens Roofing' in a Global Search, but using the Advanced Search, elements such as Location are easily discerned.

Billions of combinations of .TEL addresses just as with email addresses ... No Worries at all !

added: GLOBAL has no man-made boundaries, this is the essence of .TEL and TelPages - One World, One Directory - Advanced Search takes care of the man-made concerns.[/size]

Blunderer08-03-2011 01:49 PM

I've been contemplating this for the last couple of years (TelPages v Yellow Pages) because the Yellow Page providers are individual entities, and even if they cooperated in producing some sort of indexing system which applied a geographic differentiation, it would be a messy beast.

It seems to me that they should be pointing their customers at TelPages, as the only comprehensive, and keyword searchable resource (don't hold your breath!). At present, the collective view is that mass registration through Yellow Page providers will be the panacea but, without the ability to search the .tel database, to fine tune results by keyword, mass registration of names by one YP provider could inhibit registration of alternative names through other YPs.

Then there's the imperative to populate .tels with full address information, accurate directory information, and genuine and appropriate keywords.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-03-2011 02:00 PM

YP Management

With YP operations providing their customers with Tels, a number of questions arise...

1) who owns the domain? YP or their customer
    2) who will manage the domain? YP or their customer

So far, it seems YP is the owner and the manager. Perhaps YP will be giving ownership to the customer, but that takes control away from YP and gives the customer the opportunity to jump ship.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-03-2011 02:03 PM

YP Content and Discoverability

With regards to discovery, I believe that the original content should not be propagated by directory builders. Instead, simply add a link from your directory to the authentic tel domain. That way, there is no proliferation of old data, old addresses, extinct businesses and no long term management to maintain current information. Out-of-date data is the long standing problem with directories.

Ideally, non-.tel directories and search engines should grab content only from the DNS via the tel domain as it would be the true originator of content, always giving real-time information. 

So, if you are creating a .tel directory with a generic domain name, the opportunity is to work with YP and its customers to provide real-time links to content. 

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-03-2011 02:23 PM

YP, Telnic and Search Engines

YP now presents an interesting opportunity for Telnic to further promote TEL to Google and the other search engines: single sources of authentic, original real-time content

Search on any local business, product or service in Google and you will find countless sources of the same repetitive information mostly from "directories" that copy and replicate original content. These become out-of-date fast. If more SMB start using tel domains, whether on their own or via YP outfits, then more true content will be available that can be the true source for search engines.

Telnic should be promoting this aspect of authentic content to search engines, bypassing myriad sources of old content and helping S/E provide better value. I know, it's too early for this, but should be important when critical mass is attained.

Mark

telrific08-03-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 16613)
    It seems to me that they should be pointing their customers at TelPages, as the only comprehensive, and keyword searchable resource.

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 16615)
    With YP operations providing their customers with Tels, a number of questions arise...

1) who owns the domain? YP or their customer
    2) who will manage the domain? YP or their customer

So far, it seems YP is the owner and the manager. Perhaps YP will be giving ownership to the customer, but that takes control away from YP and gives the customer the opportunity to jump ship.

Mark

[size]

These two points are exactly why I have taken the approach I have with Yellow Search (Still being populated.)

ys.tel

(YP1, TELS) + (YP2, TELS) + (YP3, TELS) ...
    (TELPAGES, TELS)

While this looks like a separation (and it is a separation by ownership and directory as you've stated), at the same time it will ultimately become 1 (GLOCAL) total with Telnic as the winner both ways.

The top half will be the "verified", and the bottom half the "wikipedia (including verified)"

The "two directories in one" are what Yellow Search is about.

1 = TelPages, .TEL, Individual, Business, Wiki-style
    2 - 9 = YellowPages, .TEL, Individual, Business, Verified-style

The ULTIMATE Global/Local Directory (Verified and Wiki) Style - Yellow Search

... and this paramount, macro effort was all done in a .TEL (not those other extensions) !

The beginning of all beginnings ... .TEL !

:)[/size]

aliencafe08-03-2011 05:25 PM

@blunderer to your earlier point:

When I go out and buy a .COM and monetize it or use it for whatever purpose, I don't need to worry that I bought goldcoins.com and I'm actually selling coins from Thailand or South Africa or whatever. 

My point being if you are smart and the first one to buy goldcoins.tel (I haven't checked to see if it's avail.) people will find you and call the number. Businesses are global and I can get an 800 number that redirects for a very small monthly fee to anywhere.

If I want to explain on my .tel page that I'm in South Africa that's my prerogative. 

This scenario also creates value in the market place, since goldcoins.tel is only available once- there is competition and value in that name. 

If someone else wants to buy USgoldcoins.tel that is their right to do so as well.. 

My 2cents.

disclaimer: I don't own goldcoins.tel or even know who owns it- it's just an example...

telrific08-03-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 16635)
    @blunderer to your earlier point:

When I go out and buy a .COM and monetize it or use it for whatever purpose, I don't need to worry that I bought goldcoins.com and I'm actually selling coins from Thailand or South Africa or whatever. 

My point being if you are smart and the first one to buy goldcoins.tel (I haven't checked to see if it's avail.) people will find you and call the number. Businesses are global and I can get an 800 number that redirects for a very small monthly fee to anywhere.

If I want to explain on my .tel page that I'm in South Africa that's my prerogative. 

This scenario also creates value in the market place, since goldcoins.tel is only available once- there is competition and value in that name. 

If someone else wants to buy USgoldcoins.tel that is their right to do so as well.. 

My 2cents.

disclaimer: I don't own goldcoins.tel or even know who owns it- it's just an example...

[size]
    VERY well put.

50% of all Businesses are location sensitive and 50% are not location sensitive.

To put such an OVERbearing weight to "Local" is silly in today's world.

When the Yellow Pages Association changed to Local Search Association I laughed.

Yellow is about Business, not location.
    Pages is about a Book historically, but still works well as Web Pages are still 100% pages, so search is an updated term.

Changed Yellow to Local (???) and Pages to Search (ok)

"Threw the Baby Out With The Bath Water" on that one when you throw out yellow !

Yellow Search ... THAT's the key ... BUSINESS That's GLOBAL, And LOCAL If Necessary.

Blunderer08-03-2011 10:28 PM

@aliencafe,

You're correct on all points.

telrific08-04-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulza (Post 16602)
    As you can see yellow book reg`d domains starting with a, b, c, d & e letters, waiting for the next step - f, g, h, j and so on... )

[size]
    Looks like they showed up !

;)[/size]

dottel.net08-04-2011 09:11 AM

firstly nice to see so many posts from different members in one thread! good to know there's still a 'community' out there

another nice bump today - 1414 regs....
    details: http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

mikeseaton08-04-2011 01:13 PM

Encouraging Directory Builders

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 16604)
    ...There is no protocol for including reference to location when registering names, so the aspiration to produce a world wide online directory is severely inhibited....

[size]
    Although there is no facility for adding a country identifier when registering a .tel domain, there is a facility for setting the domain country provided by Telnic within the CTH which can be read by directory building software routines.

This Country field can be found in the CTH by going to Keywords then Business Address.

The big problem with the CTH Country field is it is not a dropdown list - a request which has been made before in this forum. 

So a USA located domain could be entered as any of US, USA, US of A, America, United States, United States of America, and the software developer would have to allow for all these being the same country, plus of course many other countries which can be input in a text field in different ways.

Please Telnic can we have this CTH Country field as a dropdown list a.s.a.p. to encourage directory builders?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-04-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 16647)

Please Telnic can we have this CTH Country field as a dropdown list a.s.a.p. to encourage directory builders?

[size]
    I agree with the need for standardization but what would the standard be? You can have full country name, ISO-2 code, ISO-3 code, non English spellings.

Mark[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa Empty Re: nice bump in the regs today thanks to yellow book usa

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 2:00 pm

telrific08-04-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16641)
    ... The downside is all the YP domains look the same and the customer doesn't bring in his own template or design.

[size]
    I suspect that this is a test group setup as a 'mobile-ready' offering.

Being wholly intended for the mobile user, the template itself is not deemed critical.

May even be a 'get a free mobile-ready presence with a paid listing' type of thing.

-[/size]

mikeseaton08-04-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 16648)
    I agree with the need for standardization but what would the standard be? You can have full country name, ISO-2 code, ISO-3 code, non English spellings.

[size]
    I would suggest using a standard country list as used by major credit card companies - here's the one I use (complete with 2-character abbreviations for use by the software developer):

"AF">Afghanistan
    "AL">Albania
    "DZ">Algeria
    "AS">American Samoa
    "AD">Andorra
    "AO">Angola
    "AI">Anguilla
    "AQ">Antarctica
    "AG">Antigua and Barbuda
    "AR">Argentina
    "AM">Armenia
    "AW">Aruba
    "AU">Australia
    "AT">Austria
    "AZ">Azerbaijan
    "BS">Bahamas
    "BH">Bahrain
    "BD">Bangladesh
    "BB">Barbados
    "BY">Belarus
    "BE">Belgium
    "BZ">Belize
    "BJ">Benin
    "BM">Bermuda
    "BT">Bhutan
    "BO">Bolivia
    "BA">Bosnia and Herzegovina
    "BW">Botswana
    "BV">Bouvet Island
    "BR">Brazil
    "IO">British Indian Ocean Territory
    "BN">Brunei Darussalam
    "BG">Bulgaria
    "BF">Burkina Faso
    "BI">Burundi
    "KH">Cambodia
    "CM">Cameroon
    "CA">Canada
    "CV">Cape Verde
    "KY">Cayman Islands
    "CF">Central African Republic
    "TD">Chad
    "CL">Chile
    "CN">China
    "CX">Christmas Island
    "CC">Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    "CO">Colombia
    "KM">Comoros
    "CG">Congo
    "CK">Cook Islands
    "CR">Costa Rica
    "HR">Croatia
    "CU">Cuba
    "CY">Cyprus
    "CZ">Czech Republic
    "CI">Côte d'Ivoire
    "DK">Denmark
    "DJ">Djibouti
    "DM">Dominica
    "DO">Dominican Republic
    "TP">East Timor
    "EC">Ecuador
    "EG">Egypt
    "SV">El Salvador
    "GQ">Equatorial Guinea
    "ER">Eritrea
    "EE">Estonia
    "ET">Ethiopia
    "FK">Falkland Islands
    "FO">Faroe Islands
    "FJ">Fiji
    "FI">Finland
    "FR">France
    "GF">French Guiana
    "PF">French Polynesia
    "TF">French Southern Territories
    "GA">Gabon
    "GM">Gambia
    "GE">Georgia
    "DE">Germany
    "GH">Ghana
    "GI">Gibraltar
    "GR">Greece
    "GL">Greenland
    "GD">Grenada
    "GP">Guadeloupe
    "GU">Guam
    "GT">Guatemala
    "GN">Guinea
    "GW">Guinea-Bissau
    "GY">Guyana
    "HT">Haiti
    "HM">Heard Island and McDonald Islands
    "VA">Holy See (Vatican City State)
    "HN">Honduras
    "HK">Hong Kong
    "HU">Hungary
    "IS">Iceland
    "IN">India
    "ID">Indonesia
    "IR">Iran
    "IQ">Iraq
    "IE">Ireland
    "IL">Israel
    "IT">Italy
    "JM">Jamaica
    "JP">Japan
    "JO">Jordan
    "KZ">Kazakstan
    "KE">Kenya
    "KI">Kiribati
    "KW">Kuwait
    "KG">Kyrgystan
    "LA">Lao
    "LV">Latvia
    "LB">Lebanon
    "LS">Lesotho
    "LR">Liberia
    "LY">Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
    "LI">Liechtenstein
    "LT">Lithuania
    "LU">Luxembourg
    "MO">Macau
    "MK">Macedonia (FYR)
    "MG">Madagascar
    "MW">Malawi
    "MY">Malaysia
    "MV">Maldives
    "ML">Mali
    "MT">Malta
    "MH">Marshall Islands
    "MQ">Martinique
    "MR">Mauritania
    "MU">Mauritius
    "YT">Mayotte
    "MX">Mexico
    "FM">Micronesia
    "MD">Moldova
    "MC">Monaco
    "MN">Mongolia
    "MS">Montserrat
    "MA">Morocco
    "MZ">Mozambique
    "MM">Myanmar
    "NA">Namibia
    "NR">Nauru
    "NP">Nepal
    "NL">Netherlands
    "AN">Netherlands Antilles
    "NC">New Caledonia
    "NZ">New Zealand
    "NI">Nicaragua
    "NE">Niger
    "NG">Nigeria
    "NU">Niue
    "NF">Norfolk Island
    "KP">North Korea
    "MP">Northern Mariana Islands
    "NO">Norway
    "OM">Oman
    "PK">Pakistan
    "PW">Palau
    "PA">Panama
    "PG">Papua New Guinea
    "PY">Paraguay
    "PE">Peru
    "PH">Philippines
    "PN">Pitcairn
    "PL">Poland
    "PT">Portugal
    "PR">Puerto Rico
    "QA">Qatar
    "RE">Reunion
    "RO">Romania
    "RU">Russian Federation
    "RW">Rwanda
    "SH">Saint Helena
    "KN">Saint Kitts and Nevis
    "LC">Saint Lucia
    "PM">Saint Pierre and Miquelon
    "VC">Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    "WS">Samoa
    "SM">San Marino
    "ST">Sao Tome and Principe
    "SA">Saudi Arabia
    "SN">Senegal
    "SC">Seychelles
    "SL">Sierra Leone
    "SG">Singapore
    "SK">Slovakia
    "SI">Slovenia
    "SB">Solomon Islands
    "SO">Somalia
    "ZA">South Africa
    "GS">South Georgia
    "KR">South Korea
    "ES">Spain
    "LK">Sri Lanka
    "SD">Sudan
    "SR">Suriname
    "SJ">Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    "SZ">Swaziland
    "SE">Sweden
    "CH">Switzerland
    "SY">Syria
    "TW">Taiwan
    "TJ">Tajikistan
    "TZ">Tanzania
    "TH">Thailand
    "TG">Togo
    "TK">Tokelau
    "TO">Tonga
    "TT">Trinidad and Tobago
    "TN">Tunisia
    "TR">Turkey
    "TM">Turkmenistan
    "TC">Turks and Caicos Islands
    "TV">Tuvalu
    "UG">Uganda
    "UA">Ukraine
    "AE">United Arab Emirates
    "GB">United Kingdom
    "US">United States
    "UM">United States Minor Outlying Islands
    "UY">Uruguay
    "UZ">Uzbekistan
    "VU">Vanuatu
    "VE">Venezuela
    "VN">Viet Nam
    "VG">Virgin Islands (British)
    "VI">Virgin Islands (U.S.)
    "WF">Wallis and Futuna Islands
    "EH">Western Sahara
    "YE">Yemen
    "YU">Yugoslavia
    "ZR">Zaire
    "ZM">Zambia
    "ZW">Zimbabwe

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net08-04-2011 01:40 PM

stick to one of the iso standards but then document this as the published standard used.

that way if a developer wants to map to something else its easily done via a one time mapping

for non developers and users that will only ever use the standard telnic control panel, a free text option in addition to this drop down would allow them to at least customise how they want it to look when displayed by the standard tel proxy

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-04-2011 03:57 PM

This also depends on how Telpages parses the address. When there is no LOC NAPTR record (map), Telpages uses the keyword address field to map the domain.

Most people also do not search by ISO code, but by full name, eg Canada not CAN or CA. Besides ISO2 conflicts with state code, so ISO3 is better as the abbreviation. 

My suggestion is to use both ISO3 and full name, that way search finds either, 
    eg 
    CAN - CANADA
    AUS - AUSTRALIA

But that's if Telnic agrees to implement this in the first place.

Mark

dottel.net08-31-2011 09:05 AM

another nice bump in regs today

another nice 2k bump for the daily regs today thanks to www.ascio.com in Finland

details here: http://dottel.net

dottel.net08-31-2011 12:02 PM

correct - thanks for the pointing that out.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-31-2011 12:50 PM

Fonecta .Tel Pages

All Fonecta tel pages are in a standard format. Some have Facebook and LinkedIn entries via www.finder.fi, although some have direct social network links too. Good use of business intelligence to build these pages. Some are using custom text for headings like Business Hours which is also nice to see.
    anivet.tel
    ravintolatorppari.tel
    teknos.tel
    Mark

mikeseaton08-31-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17160)
    All Fonecta tel pages are in a standard format...
    anivet.tel
    ravintolatorppari.tel
    teknos.tel

[size]
    ...and they work nicely with TelDial

anivet.teldial.com
    ravintolatorppari.teldial.com
    teknos.teldial.com

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net09-01-2011 09:50 AM

another nice 500+ bump to the daily regs. it's been a while since we've had two consecutive days of more then 100+ regs.

details as always here: http://dottel.net
    still not too late to grab a bargain drop here: http://buyatel.com

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-04-2011 11:47 AM

Continuing the trend, there were 900+ registrations for companies in France and Italy yesterday, all filled out with content. Unknown as to which company owns them. Eurodns registrar.
    eg spelndidhotel.tel (typo) ecosistem.tel dorians.tel
    Mark

dottel.net09-04-2011 12:33 PM

for those who want to see the full names of regs yesterday - see here: http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

interestingly though there's no clear path to whose actually reg'd/populated them. they all use a trj.tel email but trj.tel is not populated.

marimax09-04-2011 09:19 PM

Something wrong here.
    It's only morning on Sunday Sept.4 and they are giving already numer of domains registered for this day
    As far as I am concerned if i register a few todays they will not be counted or are they a bunch of
    clairvoyants ?

dottel.net09-05-2011 09:29 AM

yep - the daily average is around 100

Simon G09-05-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) 
    Continuing the trend, ...

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

You become excited easily: 2 days of proper registration numbers and you talk about trend already!

When we have these numbers for 10 days in a row, then I speak about a trend!

Sorry, but we have to stay realistic!

[size]
    True however
    Quote:
    [/size]

Back to normal: 71 .tel registrations yesterday!

[size]
    If I was expecting to see an upward trend through businesses adoption of .tel (smb or directory services) I would not be taking into account data for weekend registrations.

Quote:
    [/size]

they all use a trj.tel email but trj.tel is not populated.

[size]
    Quite interested to find out who trj is also. Recently registers trj.tel also[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-05-2011 02:44 PM

The trend I was referring to was another phone directory setting up tels, not volume.
    Mark

telrific11-18-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 16637)
    VERY well put.

50% of all Businesses are location sensitive and 50% are not location sensitive.

To put such an OVERbearing weight to "Local" is silly in today's world.

When the Yellow Pages Association changed to Local Search Association I laughed.

Yellow is about Business, not location.
    Pages is about a Book historically, but still works well as Web Pages are still 100% pages, so search is an updated term.

Changed Yellow to Local (???) and Pages to Search (ok)

"Threw the Baby Out With The Bath Water" on that one when you throw out yellow !

Yellow Search ... THAT's the key ... BUSINESS That's GLOBAL, And LOCAL If Necessary.

[size]
    Guess some other organizations are seeing the same ... just announced this month:

Yellow Pages Today (Organization Name Change Press Release)

I didn't see any information about the conference results the past 2 days in Copenhagen, DK though.

dottel.net12-01-2011 11:01 AM

there's been a steady increase in the daily reg's (300+ for a few days over the last week or two) and another 600+ today. Appears to be a mixed bag of reg's with several IDN's being reg'd

Daily stats here: http://dottel.net 
    And daily regs here: http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

telrific12-01-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19302)
    there's been a steady increase in the daily reg's (300+ for a few days over the last week or two) and another 600+ today. Appears to be a mixed bag of reg's with several IDN's being reg'd

Daily stats here: http://dottel.net 
    And daily regs here: http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

[size]
    Yes, I've seen that visiting your site daily, good news for sure !

On that note, the "as promised" chart update for December ...

Registrations.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:18 am