The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3.5k regs today...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

3.5k regs today... Empty 3.5k regs today...

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 2:19 pm

dottel.net01-12-2012 10:41 AM

3.5k regs today...

another nice bump in the daily regs.

Links:
    Daily Dottel Regs
    Daily Dottel Drops

dottel.net01-12-2012 10:56 AM

that's even better news from where i'm sitting....

there could be potentially even a high number of regs just waiting to be published

dottel.net01-12-2012 11:03 AM

english scarcasm

tindaya01-12-2012 01:24 PM

But I think this number is an error, the second is http://00.tel and this was bought 6 months ago.

dottel.net01-12-2012 01:53 PM

as mentioned above - if a domain is registered but inactive (not published) it doesn't show up in the zone file provided by telnic and hence doesn't show in the total reg numbers until a later date when it is active.

mikeseaton01-12-2012 02:46 PM

Useful list produced by dottel.net at http://dottel.net/daily-dot-tel-registrations#regs

One observation - for a domain extension which has extensively touted the "Dial-By-Name" concept there are a lot of numeric-only registrations !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2012 03:20 PM

Something sure doesn't make sense. From what I can tell there were 192 registrations yesterday.
    The rest were created all over last year from all registrars. Some kind of zone file synch and cleanup it seems.

Yesterday reg's list without IDN's ...
    123plombier.tel 1pdv.tel aaronhaber.tel aboutabikh.tel afrika.tel ahmedelsallab.tel alalamiacoldrooms.tel alco-alhamd.tel alfagroup.tel architouchfurniture.tel artcomputersystems.tel autopilot.tel avtomurman.tel bigbad.tel bluefirecloud.tel bms.tel burj.tel canadianinternationalschool.tel casperontherun.tel ccievoice.tel charitable.tel chinaglove.tel chinajewelry.tel construct.tel contribute.tel darbuka.tel davidbekhazi.tel designerleuchten-italien.tel dietclinic.tel dividend.tel duravitegypt.tel ebdaafiberglass.tel egytam.tel elemanforplastic.tel elfathsweets.tel elhadyoverseas.tel enduser.tel ericgagnaux.tel eua.tel fangshui.tel felices-traduciendo.tel forbed.tel forexrobot.tel fuzi.tel gargour.tel gecekorlugu.tel gelatecegy.tel gkb.tel greenpower.tel greenweb.tel headsortails.tel huoxing.tel insiders.tel jesserobbins.tel jhon.tel jialun.tel jindai.tel jingleme.tel jobblr.tel jorya.tel jyw.tel kugroup.tel lechangementcestmaintenant.tel lindalammi.tel liuyuandong.tel lixm.tel longyang.tel maco.tel meditations.tel meichao.tel metalforming.tel microfund.tel moneymachine.tel nourcenter.tel paradigmshift.tel percent.tel pickn.tel pinpaizhekouwang.tel primaplastegypt.tel sarcomisr.tel scratchoff.tel secureservice-inc.tel shenzhenruralcommercialbank.tel sitebirds.tel sitelions.tel soju.tel soom.tel springairegypt.tel stageequipment.tel swipe.tel szrcb.tel tavukkarasi.tel tianmao.tel woodmodefurniture.tel xintongbank.tel xtbank.tel zutronic.tel

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2012 03:24 PM

@aled could you please clarify?
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2012 03:33 PM

Even one of my own tels is caught in this ... wi.tel ... looks like I never created it in CTH. So this could be what is happening: tels never created are showing up now. There are some from forum members too: avengers.tel, freshmarket.tel kitchen-cabinets.tel etc

Mark

mikeseaton01-12-2012 03:56 PM

The difference between dottel.net's figure of 3583 and Mark's figure of 192 is obviously huge for just one day.

If it's because of lack of creation in the CTH at registration time it does seem odd that so many should suddenly be added to people's CTH on one day.

It makes you wonder how accurate the monthly registration figures at HosterStats are - see http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2508 - though maybe they use different source data to get their totals ?

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2012 04:03 PM

To be clear, I got the same 3583 value today from the zone file but after analysing the dates, 192 appears to be the actual number of regs y'day. It's too bad that the real counts can't be obtained in any other more accurate means.
    Mark

aliencafe01-12-2012 04:26 PM

It looks like domains without content came to life yesterday by a change in the proxy template: domains with zero content now display " this domain contains no records "

D

aliencafe01-12-2012 07:28 PM

Just got to a desktop where I could post an example of the post above.

go to 0721sm.tel

you will see " The domain 0721sm.tel does not contain any records."

wibblenut01-13-2012 07:45 PM

1. The zone file from which daily registrations are derived does not necessarily contain every registered domain name. In other words, it's possible for a registrar to create a new domain but not necessarily a corresponding zone. I believe there were quite a lot of domains not in the zone file early on, but I think many of them have since been added.

You can get monthly registry reports from ICANN (withheld for 3 months) here - but the totals are lower than the zone counts at sites like HosterStats.com, so I'm not sure what's going on there!

2. Some registrars don't create an initial NAPTR record when creating a new domain, which is why you sometimes see a "foo.tel does not contain any records" in the TelProxy. You'll also see this if you create an empty folder without any records. This is not new behaviour.

dottel.net03-22-2012 10:36 AM

few hundred regs today mainly idns for those interested:

Links:
    Daily Dottel Regs
    Daily Dottel Drops

mikeseaton03-22-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 21093)
    few hundred regs today mainly idns for those interested:

Links:
    Daily Dottel Regs
    Daily Dottel Drops

[size]
    Daily Dottel Regs shows today's figure down to 296,514 - it looks like .tel going is beginning to struggle to keep at the 300K plateau.

Daily Dottel Drops link in quote above is an invalid url - corrected here.

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net03-22-2012 05:20 PM

thanks mike for correcting the link.

will make interesting daily viewing over the next few days/weeks as the bulk of the renewals go through....

For those that want to view the potential drops as they enter the sytem, see Dot Tel Drops. Note a domain can enter the drop system but still get renewed so its no indication that a domain will actually be dropping....

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 5:44 am