The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

search bugs

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

search bugs Empty search bugs

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:38 am

lewisrx08-03-2010 08:31 AM

search bugs

I can not search in the dot tel,It always show "Your search - "aaa" did not match to any .tel pages" ,but it is sure "aaa" is in my tel.

Aled08-03-2010 09:37 AM

hi lewisrx,

not every element of a .tel is indexed by telpages, so it may be that yoiu are searching for an item that isn't indexed. I can look into this further if you can let me know what the .tel is.

Thanks,

Aled

lewisrx08-03-2010 10:05 AM

for example:

http://d0.webproxy.nic.tel/search/al...itter/aled.tel

but In this page ,it contain "twitter":

http://personal.aled.tel/

Aled08-03-2010 10:12 AM

thanks,

that's an example of a field that isn't currently indexed. Try searching for customer, telnic or percy on there to see results being returned.

stel08-06-2010 03:49 AM

Great example lewisrx. If you bothered to label a particular link Twitter on your .tel domain, it means that all your .tel subdomain(s) or folder(s) containing this label (word) should be found and displayed by the search function of that .tel when anybody is searching for that word (Twitter) on your .tel. I am not talking about indexing for Telpages, I am just talking about the "search this .tel" function, so I am not sure that I understand Aled's reply- why he is telling you to search for other words on his domain when you were searching for the subdomains or folders containg the word "twitter" in his .tel domain. Am I missing something here 'cause I admit that I can be slow sometimes? 

Most .tel users assume a "search/find" function of any word on that .tel (or subdomain of it) that should be displayed as all your .tel subdomains (folders) containing that particular word. 

In a similar fashion, if the label was TwitterMessage (or if the link was let's say twittermessage.com), it would be nice if the search for "Twitter" would be smart enough to find and display all the .tel subdomains which contain the label Twitter or TwitterMessage (or the link twittermessage.com). It makes sense in terms of .tel search user experience and I cannot emphasize how important it is for Telnic to pay careful attention to this "search" function to increase the relevance of the info found on .tels.

boracay.tel08-08-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10339)
    not every element of a .tel is indexed by telpages

[size]
    So Aled, what elements are indexed please? ...as I am about to repopulate our directory (thats 1000 or so resorts/businesses pages. a major data refresh (v2) 

(the search was not available in April last year when we created/populated boracay.tel v1)

Thanks in advance.[/size]

Blunderer08-08-2010 07:43 PM

Has anybody mentioned that the search won't work if you only have a "Go to a .tel" link?

You need at least one phone, email, web, etc. link on a folder.

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 9:19 am