The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Bit of help to get better google rank

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Bit of help to get better google rank Empty Bit of help to get better google rank

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:19 am

unlocktel12-07-2011 07:40 PM

Bit of help to get better google rank

Can someone tel me how to go about getting backlinks for a dot tel .
    How would you go about this .i seem to be stuck getting my dot tel ranked well on google if i put original content in the txt field will this help me.Thanks

Cees12-07-2011 08:20 PM

cottingham.tel shows on page 7 in Sydney Australia, using "cottingham" as search term

dialaroom12-07-2011 08:33 PM

my geo .tels seem to be notoriously hard to rank page1 google as some of my other .tels, could be number of results, but think there may be more to it than meets the eye.

Obviously fresh regular keyword rich content in the text is going to help, one way backlinks can be got from lots of sources, by adding to free directories, social media, linkedin, not missing a chance to add to forums, blogs are great if you can create one or comment on high rated ones. 

Don't be tempted to buy links, links are built over time and hard work. One thing to decide however is are you using the www or not, being consistent is essential. Have noticed if I type cottingham into google.co.uk and .com, you're on page 4 results I think in.co.uk and page 6 or 7 in .com results, Both show the www.cottingham.tel.

Quality backlinks build pagerank which affect serps, but they're not all it takes. Maximising keywords in descriptions etc, age, speed, regular content change all affect serps.

I'll pop a couple of links into a couple of my .tels to cottingham, so that's a start, I'm sure others will help too.

unlocktel12-07-2011 11:31 PM

Thank you

I built two sites on same topic one with tel one with dot tv tv always comes top even with little content cottingham.tv is mine ....
    Why I posted on here is because I have hull.tel and hull.tv if you had two of the same geo maybe your home town would you develop you dot tel over the other domain in my case hull.tel...this is why I was asking about back links to help my dot tel.
    Maybe all the uk tel geo should link to each other and see if it helps I will do this for anyone just give me your name.

dialaroom12-08-2011 09:34 AM

I would develop the hull.tel to be a mobile business and social contact directory and Hull.tv as a Hull social, events, weather, news site with business and social listings dropped in with an iframe from my .tel where required. 

One set of data 2 great sites, use the .tv site to promote sign up and take subscriptions for the .tel & by offering both as sister sites you should be able to form a great package for ads.

unlocktel12-08-2011 12:19 PM

is that what you do with your dot tels.?

dialaroom12-08-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19544)
    is that what you do with your dot tels.?

[size]
    I use the data from some of the dialaroom guest house listings to insert into a guest house directory, giving the advertiser 2 adds, 1 for mobile and 1 with pictures for home browsing. If they want to change the data, numbers email etc. I just update the .tel.[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 08:16 PM

Ok.....I still don't know were best place to get backlinks for a dot tel

dialaroom12-08-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19570)
    Ok.....I still don't know were best place to get backlinks for a dot tel

[size]
    There is no one place, it's a matter of not missing chances. and building them up over a period of time with networking by adding to free directories, social media, linkedin, forums, blogs are great if you can create one or comment on high rated ones, and cross linking from other sites of yours and other peoples.

Most SEOs frown on paying for links, but all links are worthwhile, a few links from high PageRank sites can be worth hundreds of links from unranked sites. 

Some sites offer hundreds of one way links for a few pounds. I tried one a few years ago, it did in fact work for a while, but google soon gets wise to link farms and rankings and serps will drop away.

There's no immediate fix, it takes time and opportunity, being patient but not missing a chance. If any knows a quicker way @unlocktel and I would love to know about it.[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 08:49 PM

Thank you I will try what you say, your all pretty good on here when it comes to help.
    Maybe if tel takes off we will be able to meet up .As most on here are the first dot tel owners.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:01 am