The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+5
Boracay
fustachio.tel
maxi
Alex
mikeseaton
9 posters

Suggestions for forum improvements

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions for forum improvements

Post by Alex 2013-01-22, 11:52 am

Thank you, Maxi!

In the future I’ll move all new topics with a link only into this topic:

Quick links with some relevance for .tel domains
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions for forum improvements

Post by maxi 2013-01-24, 4:53 am

TelTalk wrote:Thank you, Maxi!

In the future I’ll move all new topics with a link only into this topic:

Quick links with some relevance for .tel domains
    TelTalk, fine idea! In this wаy mаny fоrum users will sаve a lot of thеir time from onе kind of predаtors of Intеrnet - "time-еаters".
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-04, 5:35 am

Please, consider making a category for "other questions" or something like that. Now here is a tremendous lot of various categories, which strictly describes the theme of the topics. And that results in that that is a real problem to find a right place for posting new topics, which do not fit exactly at available categories.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-04, 8:05 am

Maxi, you are right most topics on TelTalk are clearly specified.

The problem with opening new categories is that we have a very long list of forum topics already today.

Would the following categories help finding the right choice for not precisely specified topics?

Since I review all new entries on TelTalk daily, I always move new topics in the right category at the same time.

Until today I haven't found any topic which didn't fit in any of the existing categories.

As soon new relevant subjects appear I open new categories immediately, e. g. like I do when new registrars start operating:

What do you think?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-04, 9:19 am

TelTalk wrote:Would the following categories help finding the right choice for not precisely specified topics?

OK, to which of these categories I should post this topic: "Google Analytics and TEL"?

TelTalk wrote:The problem with opening new categories is that we have a very long list of forum topics already today.
    That is just the problem - too many strictly specified categories. Would it be easier to find something if existing categories would be parts of more common categories (themes)?

I mean to have only few themes with more common names - not so specified like current categories. Telnic's forum is a nice example of easy navigation and flexible forum construction.

I am not expert of forum building, but heard sometwhere, that one of the forum building strategy is that forum should develop naturally - and when apear a lot of specified topics on the same subject, then a separate category for them is made.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-04, 10:20 am

maxi wrote:OK, to which of these categories I should post this topic: "Google Analytics and TEL"?
    Since Google Analytics concerns the precise usage of .tel domains, I would place it here (where I've moved it after you opened it):

Handling and Improvement of Registered .tel Domains

If you disagree, I would place it into another or new category.

maxi wrote:That is just the problem - too many strictly specified categories. Would it be easier to find something if existing categories would be parts of more common categories/themes? I mean to have few themes with more common names - not so specified like current categories.
    I agree; the current list of categories is too long.

When I will have time, I will think about a more user friendly structure.

I would be happy about suggestions to take them into consideration.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-04, 10:53 am

TelTalk wrote:
    maxi wrote:OK, to which of these categories I should post this topic: "Google Analytics and TEL"?
    Since Google Analytics concerns the precise usage of .tel domains, I would place it here (where I've moved it after you opened it):

Handling and Improvement of Registered .tel Domains
    OK, it is good. Not a problem.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-04, 10:56 am

What do you think about the new structure? (I'm only testing.)
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-04, 11:15 am

Better, Less scrolling so it's nice to see the entire listings this way for me but idk about anyone else.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-04, 11:50 am

You already know my opinion. As for my eyes it is better now - it is easier to have the whole thing in a one glance.

May be in some of these themes to make category like "Other" - for all things, which could be but currently are not specified in existing categories?

P.S.
    In one forum I saw a category "If you don't know where to place you post, then put it here".
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-04, 12:46 pm

I'm very thankful for the suggestions.

Without the input from Maxi I wouldn't have introduced the improvement from today.

I will also test additional improvements (like merging categories and improving the overview).
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-04, 3:33 pm

maxi wrote:May be in some of these themes to make category like "Other" - for all things, which could be but currently are not specified in existing categories?

P.S.
    In one forum I saw a category "If you don't know where to place you post, then put it here".
    I adjusted the following category:

Handling and Improvement of Registered .tel Domains (and all .tel related topics not classifiable)

If I detect new emerging topics, I will create new categories for them (if reasonable).
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-13, 7:09 am

Who likes that "electric-blue (#7DF9FF)" color of the forum?
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-02-13, 7:13 am

I do :-)
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-02-13, 8:01 am

A longer box of the Latest topics would be appeciated in order not to lose some posts or answers.

My humble opinion...
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-13, 8:23 am

silvano wrote:A longer box of the Latest topics would be appeciated in order not to lose some posts or answers.

My humble opinion...
    I have a question:

Are the following links not more important for getting all comments on this forum?

In addition I'm planning to introduce a section with all published topics regardless of their category (following a request by Maxi for a better overview), but I don't know yet if it's possible.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-13, 9:23 am

TelTalk wrote:Are the following links not more important for getting all comments on this forum?

As for me, Latest topics are important. In all other I personally do not look.

TelTalk wrote:In addition I'm planning to introduce a section with all published topics regardless of their category (following a request by Maxi for a better overview), but I don't know yet if it's possible.
    It seems that now, then it is possible to see all the categories of the forum with one glance (not scrolling down) it is already a good overview of the forum.

P.S.
    Top posting users this month - is this section so important to be constantly on a view?
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-13, 9:44 am

Is the list of the latest topics long enough now?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-13, 10:30 am

The optimal variant, imho, would be if in this section "Latest topics" would fit all new/answered/active topics of a current day. Is it possible to do that technically or not, I do not know.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-13, 10:42 am

maxi wrote:The optimal variant, imho, would be if in this section "Latest topics" would fit all new/answered/active topics of a current day. Is it possible to do that technically or not, I do not know.
    Then the list would be empty on holidays and very long after new developments for .tel.

And the list would be always empty after midnight.

Also if a visitor isn't coming every day, he won't see the older topics there either.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by TelTalk on 2013-02-13, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-13, 10:50 am

TelTalk wrote:And the list would be always empty after midnight.
    I meant 24 hours.

TelTalk wrote:Also if a visitor isn't coming by every day, he won't see the older topics there either.

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Or, may be, it is possible to count the average number of topics posted usually in 48 hours - for example, and to leave place for this number of topics? If later number will increase or fall down, then to correct it regularly.
    silvano
    silvano

.tel domain : albenga.tel
    Number of .tel domains : 3

Post by silvano 2013-02-13, 3:45 pm

TelTalk wrote:I have a question:

Are the following links not more important for getting all comments on this forum?

In addition I'm planning to introduce a section with all published topics regardless of their category (following a request by Maxi for a better overview), but I don't know yet if it's possible.

In the Latest topics the new msg are at my fingertips without additional clicks on links. I can recognize, at first glance, what is there to be read.

TelTalk wrote:Is the list of the latest topics long enough now?

Yes, for me, now, it's OK!

maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-14, 7:12 am

http://litvo.webasyst.net/photos/fullsize/d2FzdGVkLXNwYWNlXzIzNGZjLmpwZw%3D%3D/8d53cad625c20f273bd12eb305a39ac1

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 2 8d53cad625c20f273bd12eb305a39ac1Please, make space for useful information as wide as possible. Perhaps, it is possible to do on the cost of wasted space at profiles.

P.S.
    As it looks now, it all is masochistic here.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-14, 10:08 am

maxi wrote:As it looks now, it all is masochistic here.

self-flagellation?

Can anyone consider doing a podcast? maybe a few of you can go in a group skype chat and talk about your thoughts on tel, and someone record it and share it here in a sticky post Under Important Topics.

Perhaps once a month just to add some extra content to the tel ecosystem for people to read/listen and discuss.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-14, 10:18 am

Also can we get a mod of the Character sheet? by this I mean can it be converted to display service provided? profession? etc.

It would be nice if it could pull in data from our tel sites so it displays and updates itself, that could be done by a forum bot if you can find an admin one.

I enabled it by mistake but more than a "game" that is seems to be now It would be nice to use it to list our Profession or service, Experience, foundation date, Class = actual profession like job type aka what we do.

Status could be a tweet updated from the twitter link posted on the tel. Spell could be changed into something else.

Experience bar could be disabled? and or give us the ablity to set it as a "level" like newbie, professional etc. or use it as a number of years of experience in doing what we do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 8:35 am