The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+5
Boracay
fustachio.tel
maxi
Alex
mikeseaton
9 posters

Suggestions for forum improvements

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for forum improvements

Post by Alex 2013-02-14, 5:50 pm

@Maxi

The appearance for the profiles has been adjusted now.

Please consider that we need enough space for displaying bigger avatars or longer possible comments by the members in this area.

@Fustachio

Please find all today newly adjusted choices for your profile in your individual settings.

@all

Please let me know if you like the new design, so I can adjust it to your wishes.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for forum improvements

Post by maxi 2013-02-15, 5:44 am

TelTalk wrote:@Maxi

The appearance for the profiles has been adjusted now.
    Bellow is a picture:

Suggestions for forum improvements - Page 3 Phone

It is not big, it's size is only 665px × 665px - a usual standard for forums. Do you see it well?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-17, 2:43 pm

Noticed a new row for statistics for daily gain/loss of TELs. Nice that it will be a dynamic information. May be the total gain/loss could be in bold fonts (for easier noticing) and in a color? For example positive gain - red or pink, negative - blue or green, etc.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-17, 2:49 pm

maxi wrote:Noticed a new row for statistics for daily gain/loss of TELs. Nice that it will be a dynamic information. May be the total gain/loss could be in bold fonts (for easier noticing) and in a color? For example positive gain - red or pink, negative - blue or green, etc.
    I'm very happy that you like it.

Net gain will be in green; net loss will be in red.

How is the picture size after the new adjustment now?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-17, 4:12 pm

TelTalk wrote:How is the picture size after the new adjustment now?
    It is better now.

Not sure how function "host image" in this forum works. I saw there are allowed formats of 320, 640 and 800 pixels.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-17, 5:57 pm

Also I had a quick look at the forum app tapatalk or something it mentioned forums need to activate it for use there idk what that means but as its a popular one maybe teltalk should activate it? If there's something forum owner has to do? will have to check myself as i want to buy it but as telnames adverts via ipad in video pros likely use it so it would make it better nav here for them' will have to dig through the telnic site to find .apk later but would be nice for others not to have to and find them in a sticky here. Also love the top bar with stats, as want mention faqs link at top if they can be changed then teltalk could put tel how to there, pdfs etc
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-17, 7:55 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:Also I had a quick look at the forum app tapatalk or something it mentioned forums need to activate it for use there idk what that means but as its a popular one maybe teltalk should activate it?
    I like TapaTalk very much and I would install it if possible.

Unfortunately TapaTalk is incompatible with the currently used forum server software, so I can't realize this soon.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-17, 8:06 pm

maxi wrote:Not sure how function "host image" in this forum works. I saw there are allowed formats of 320, 640 and 800 pixels.
    You can host images of any size, but only visitors with wider screens can see them in full-size.

Does this information help?
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-18, 9:13 pm

Love the new addons, was wondering for number of domains owned as we seem to love stats could it be considered in the future to catalog the whois and by linking to a .tel by oath it auto updates with both current owned and dropped displayed like (owned number / dropped number).. that is if this site gets rebuilt from ground up, for now its fine thx just putting an idea in the pot.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-19, 7:41 am

If a new teltalk is in the works as i noticed teltalk.tel and .net etc taken can who ever it is please make a quick tel oath registration, take all data from a tel for import into profiles, catalog whois for stats, have member paid ads on teltalk.tel per forum topic aka per folder, so topics can be sponcered and as long as its all above board thx.

Can you also consider automatic membership? where by when a new tel hits the whois if its set to company it gets a company membership profile, or if the whois is set to private indevidual they get a personal profile, profiles should be set to unactivated/unclamed like google does for place listings? aka is this your profile? claim it now via teloath. this way it gets the point accross even if they're not full members they're part of the community and we want them to join in.

Also people should be able to emotion a post as a way to reply without typing text, for instance this post should have buttons for agree, disagree, hug, frown, facepalm etc which lists the membernames like whos reading under each post. I've seen it used at another popular forum I used to visit and used it myself to leave a marker that i'm following whats going on but not ready to post yet.

A pinned post section for daily news would be great, that drops off after a day, mods should do pins and members have the ablity to pin a recommended post once per day to bump there own topics that have dropped. Mods should be able to convert recommended pins into full day pins, while member ones drop down the list as the topics go quiet, taking into account stats of backlink traffic, direct traffic and amount of emote markers as stated above to adjust the recommended pins.

Vip memberships by paypal subscriptions, for the purpose of giving extra ad space to sponcer a topic, via a reduced price and anon upgrades to member
    profiles which i have seen work well and is always a topic starter for thx etc at another forum.

The faqs as i posted before converted into tel setup and usage posts, how to use a tel directory to catalog a forum/ftp/blog with links to open source scripts.

A telworkshop aka workshop.teltalk.org so projects, scripts and things can be posted for others to use, with a rapid update section so that teltalk gets oath validated by telnic so members can write scripts and php code and all visitors need go do is login via openid/oath with there tel and click the members workshop page button for it, uploades scripts via .txt format for vips and checked by a mod before going live for use.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-19, 4:15 pm

Nice links supports devs etc, but if you are linking to them aka new regs how about if they link back? by this i mean say at the side of daily dottel tel urls a url that links back to teltalk and auto preps a post?

aka "teltalk about this?" so you look at the list, then see a domain you think is intresting, so you reshare it here with one click, it set the topic as that domain automatic much like you can preset email links with content.

Should make things quicker and gen more traffic for both, could put a sponcered ad for the dev for each thread someone wants to talk about.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-21, 12:34 pm

The Humor box on profiles? any chance we can get it changed into box to put a link to our intoductions post? I don't see Humor as something required of listing on profiles unless 40-50 part time self-employed clowns join the forum. And the MSN box, MSN is I believe closing down and moving accounts to Skype so MSN is defunked... & Thx for moving my post I thought that sticky was for intros for everyone.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-21, 12:52 pm

Thank you for these suggestions, Fustachio!

I have changed "Humor" into "Slogan".

For the contact profile I have added the field "My favorite TelTalk post" with a link to it. (Visitors can open it with the link above the profile picture next to every post.)

MSN is deleted now.

Please find all member introductions in the category Introduction & Personal .tel Projects.
    fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-02-22, 5:21 pm

All looks great thank you for the additions, and I appreshate you've done as much as could be with what is here and I'll try not to ask for anything else but could we have a space for a blogspot link please? or a regular blog link if no one objects. I'm pondering blogging it might be better if I post my rants there and not here so they don't cause too many issues.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-22, 5:38 pm

Carried out!

Please find your blog entry link above the profile picture next to every post.
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-02-22, 6:01 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:If a new teltalk is in the works as i noticed teltalk.tel and .net etc taken can who ever it is please make a quick tel oath registration, take all data from a tel for import into profiles, catalog whois for stats, have member paid ads on teltalk.tel per forum topic aka per folder, so topics can be sponcered and as long as its all above board thx.
    can we replace the people at telnic with mark, alex and telcp ???
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-23, 2:02 pm

What do you think about idea to make an obligation for those forum users who are employees of Telnic/Telnames to have a sign/logo of their company in their profile?

They should not hide under anonymous nicks because it is a great privilege to work for the benefits of TEL in their company. So they can show us openly who they are. I would say that it is even a matter of pride and honour.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-02-23, 2:20 pm

maxi wrote:What do you think about idea to make an obligation for those forum users who are employees of Telnic/Telnames to have a sign/logo of their company in their profile?

They should not hide under anonymous nicks because it is a great privilege to work for the benefits of TEL in their company. So they can show us openly who they are. I would say that it is even a matter of pride and honour.
    Although I know employees from Telnic are reading this forum regularly, they have no accounts at TelTalk yet.

From my experience I can confirm the members from Telnic and Telnames are very honest people.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-02-23, 2:31 pm

TelTalk wrote:Although I know employees from Telnic are reading this forum regularly, they have no accounts at TelTalk yet.

From my experience I can confirm the members from Telnic and Telnames are very honest people.
    I also have no doubts about that.

But sometimes people are too shy or too delicate to show that they are not ordinary users but are insiders and "makers" of a product. And because of these grounds they can feel that it could be not right to announce publicly who they are. If it would be an obligatory rule for them, then it would be easier for them to decide to become more "visible" - when they will decide to open their accounts in this forum.

But of course, it is only my proposition for discussing.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-01, 9:04 am

In my opinion, after all last improvements this forum became user-unfriendly. Now, before entering forum, I began to think "do I really want to come here?"

Tremendous lot of Ads and unnecessary tables and functions. It is really annoying now.

Last edited by maxi on 2013-03-01, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-03-01, 9:16 am

Hello Maxi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please explain what you don't like, because after your brief information I don't know how to adjust the forum to consider your wishes?

Thank you

Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-03-01, 9:21 am

maxi wrote:Tremendous lot of Ads and unnecessary tables and functions. It is really annoying now.
    Thank you for the addition.

I guess you mean the head section above the forum?

Should I shorten it?
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-03-01, 4:55 pm

TelTalk wrote:I guess you mean the head section above the forum?

Should I shorten it?
    It would better to ask more users, is it easy for them to use forum and is it convenient for them to find what they want to find here.

As for me, may be you know my preferences: one of the best examples of user-friendly forum is www.telnic.org/forum. But, of course, it is your forum, not mine, you have all the rights to do it by your taste.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2013-03-01, 5:16 pm

maxi wrote:But, of course, it is your forum, not mine, you have all the rights to do it by your taste.
    Frankly I see this differently.

I've built this forum mainly for the members, not for myself.

That's the reason why I always try to realize all member wishes as I did immediately with your request from today too.

If you feel disturbed by advertisement, I don’t mind deleting it. I hope it looks better now.
    Spocky
    Spocky
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Spocky 2013-03-02, 9:39 am

Alex, don't spend too much time with building this forum. As long not a million of websites for dottel have been sold, only very few people can benefit from this TLD. A fast growth seems to be impossible anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 7:57 am